T C Davis
Affiliation: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- A polio immunization pamphlet with increased appeal and simplified language does not improve comprehension to an acceptable levelT C Davis
Department of Internal Medicine, Louisiana State University Medical Center School of Medicine, Shreveport 71130 3932, USA
Patient Educ Couns 33:25-37. 1998..Health education materials intended for general parent populations, which are written on a sixth grade reading level, may not adequately educate parents or prepare them for a discussion with their physicians...
- Informed consent for clinical trials: a comparative study of standard versus simplified formsT C Davis
Department of Medicine and Pediatrics, Feist Weiller Cancer Center, Louisiana State University Medical Center Shreveport 71130, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 90:668-74. 1998..This study was conducted to test the hypothesis that a simplified consent form would be less intimidating and more easily understood by individuals with low-to-marginal reading skills...
- Practical assessment of adult literacy in health careT C Davis
Department of Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Medical Center, School of Medicine, LA 71130 3932, USA
Health Educ Behav 25:613-24. 1998..Practical implications and recommendations for specific use are made...
- Smoking status, reading level, and knowledge of tobacco effects among low-income pregnant womenC L Arnold
Department of General Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport 71130 3932, USA
Prev Med 32:313-20. 2001..The purpose of this study was to assess reading level, tobacco knowledge, attitudes, and practices of tobacco use among pregnant adult and adolescent women in the public health system in north Louisiana...
- Intervention to increase mammography utilization in a public hospitalT C Davis
Department of Internal Medicine, Louisiana State University Medical Center School of Medicine in Shreveport, 71130-3932, USA
J Gen Intern Med 13:230-3. 1998..In a multivariate analysis, the only significant predictor of mammography use at 6 months was the custom-made intervention...
- The role of inadequate health literacy skills in colorectal cancer screeningT C Davis
Department of Medicine, Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, Louisiana, USA
Cancer Invest 19:193-200. 2001..The theoretical model also provides insights into strategies for improving knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs and screening rates for this challenging patient population...