Charles A Cefalu
Affiliation: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Is bone mineral density predictive of fracture risk reduction?Charles A Cefalu
Department of Family Medicine, Louisiana State University Medical Center, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 20:341-9. 2004..Until then, physicians will continue to rely on fracture risk reduction data from well-designed clinical trials when judging the efficacy of different treatments for osteoporosis...
- Salvaging a geriatric medicine academic program in disaster mode-the LSU training program post-KatrinaCharles A Cefalu
Section of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, New Orleans, LA, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 99:590-6. 2007..This article portrays the struggle of the sole functioning geriatric medicine training program and its trials and tribulations in a survival mode, opportunities that come with disaster as well as lessons learned post-Katrina...
- Theories and mechanisms of agingCharles A Cefalu
Department of Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, 1542 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70113, USA
Clin Geriatr Med 27:491-506. 2011..Life expectancy and lifespan are discussed in the context of advances in medical science and the potential ultimate link to human life span...
- Young, small, but not forgotten!Charles A Cefalu
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:1950-1. 2006
- Geriatric medical education in Louisiana: current status and future needsCharles A Cefalu
J La State Med Soc 154:191-3. 2002..Meanwhile, at the national level, leaders in geriatric medicine are working to develop new ways to encourage participation in geriatric educational opportunities...
- Re: To evacuate or not to evacuate: lessons learned from Louisiana nursing home administrators following Hurricanes Katrina and RitaCharles A Cefalu
J Am Med Dir Assoc 8:485-6; author reply 486-7. 2007