RODOLFO E BEGUE
Affiliation: Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
- Pandemic (H1N1) 2009 outbreak at camp for children with hematologic and oncologic conditionsCori Morrison
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 17:87-9. 2011..The overall attack rate was 36% and was highest among children and adolescents (43%), persons with cancer (48%), and persons with sickle cell disease (82%)...
- Protective efficacy of recombinant urease B and aluminum hydroxide against Helicobacter pylori infection in a mouse modelRODOLFO E BEGUE
Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Children s Hospital, New Orleans, LA, USA
FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol 60:142-6. 2010..The fact that protection was improved with Freund's adjuvant indicates that rUreB is a good antigen for a vaccine but that it needs a stronger adjuvant than aluminum hydroxide...
- Reduction in gastroenteritis with the use of pentavalent rotavirus vaccine in a primary practiceRODOLFO E BEGUE
Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Pediatrics 126:e40-5. 2010..A significant decrease in the number of RV hospitalizations has been described. The objective of this study was to evaluate the effect of RV5 on acute gastroenteritis (AGE) seen in a primary practice...
- Immunogenicity of Helicobacter pylori urease B protein and DNA vaccines in a mouse modelRODOLFO E BEGUE
Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, USA
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 45:493-6. 2007..These preliminary findings may have important implications for the development of an H pylori vaccine...
- Development and evaluation of a DNA vaccine based on Helicobacter pylori urease B: failure to prevent experimental infection in the mouse modelLivania Zavala-Spinetti
Division of Infectious Diseases, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
Helicobacter 11:517-22. 2006..The development of a vaccine against Helicobacter pylori has become a priority to prevent major morbidity and mortality associated with this infection. Our goal was to prepare and evaluate a DNA vaccine based on the urease B gene (ureB)...
- Association between Helicobacter felis-induced gastritis and elevated glycated hemoglobin levels in a mouse model of type 1 diabetesNuthapong Ukarapol
Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
J Infect Dis 185:1463-7. 2002..4%; n=4) or uninfected mice (7.6%; n=10). It was concluded that gastritis induced by H. felis is associated with increased HbA(1c) levels in the mouse model of streptozotocin-induced diabetes...
- Evaluation of rotavirus vaccine effectiveness in a pediatric group practiceSayonara Pérez Mato
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Infectious Diseases, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, LA, USA
Am J Epidemiol 156:1049-55. 2002..One episode of rotavirus-associated hospitalization was prevented per 104 infants partially vaccinated and per 64 infants fully vaccinated...
- Inhibition of angiogenic initiation and disruption of newly established human vascular networks by juice from Morinda citrifolia (noni)Conrad A Hornick
Department of Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Angiogenesis 6:143-9. 2003..In tumor explants which did show capillary sprouting, the vessels rapidly degenerated (2-3 days) in those exposed to media supplemented with 10% noni...
- Effect of long-term Helicobacter felis infection in a mouse model of streptozotocin-induced diabetesNelson Spinetti
Department of Pediatrics, Lousiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Helicobacter 10:586-91. 2005..We previously REPORTED that mice with diabetes and short-term Helicobacter felis infection had an increase in glycated hemoglobin (HbA1c). Here we report the effect of long-term infection...
- Effect of Helicobacter pylori eradication in the glycemia of children with type 1 diabetes: a preliminary studyRODOLFO E BEGUE
Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Medical Center and Children s Hospital, New Orleans 70118, USA
South Med J 95:842-5. 2002..We sought to determine whether eradication of the infection could decrease their HbA1c level...
- Hepatitis C and arthritis: an updateAja M Sanzone
Pediatric Infectious Diseases, Combined Fellowship Training Program of Tulane University and Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Children s Hospital, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 20:877-89, vii. 2006..Treatment decisions should be determined on a case-by-case basis...
- Experience with pandemic 2009 H1N1 influenza in a large pediatric hospitalArturo S Gastañaduy
Department of Pediatrics, Divisions of Emergency Medicine and Infectious Diseases, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center and Children s Hospital, New Orleans, LA, USA
South Med J 105:192-8. 2012..It spread quickly and became pandemic (pH1N1), disproportionately affecting children. The aim of the present study was to describe our experience with pH1N1 in a large pediatric hospital...
- Use of palivizumab in primary practiceKeith M Perrin
Children s Hospital, 200 Henry Clay Ave, New Orleans, LA 70118, USA
Pediatrics 129:55-61. 2012..To describe the implementation of a program for the use of palivizumab in a general pediatrics office and evaluate adherence to the 2009 American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) guidelines...
- Development of a vaccine against Helicobacter pylori to prevent gastric cancerRODOLFO BEGUE; Fiscal Year: 2008..pylori vaccine. And, prevention of H. pylori infection should eventually lead to elimination of its associated complications, including gastric cancer. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..