N T Harawa
Affiliation: Los Angeles County
- Frequent failed early HIV detection in a high prevalence area: implications for preventionDenise F Johnson
Epidemiology Program, Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, Los Angeles, California 90005, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 17:277-82. 2003..Links to treatment and behavioral intervention programs should accompany such expanded testing efforts...
- Correlates of knowledge of one's blood pressure and cholesterol levels among older members of a managed care planN T Harawa
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
Aging (Milano) 13:95-104. 2001..This lack of knowledge has important implications for public health education, and may hinder risk-reduction efforts among the elderly...
- HIV prevalence among foreign- and US-born clients of public STD clinicsNina T Harawa
Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, HIV Epidemiology Program, Los Angeles, CA 90005, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1958-63. 2002..We examined differences in HIV seroprevalence and the likely timing of HIV infection by birth region...
- Do differences in relationship and partner attributes explain disparities in sexually transmitted disease among young white and black women?Nina T Harawa
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California, USA
J Adolesc Health 32:187-91. 2003..Although characteristics of sexual partners and relationships often differed by race, this did not explain racial disparities in STDs...
- Associations of race/ethnicity with HIV prevalence and HIV-related behaviors among young men who have sex with men in 7 urban centers in the United StatesNina T Harawa
County of Los Angeles, Department of Health Services, Los Angeles, CA 90005, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:526-36. 2004..Prevention programs should address risks in steady partnerships, target young men before sexual initiation with male partners, and tailor interventions to men of color and of lower socioeconomic status...
- Trends in HIV prevalence among public sexually transmitted disease clinic attendees in the Western region of the United States (1989-1999)Nina T Harawa
Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, CA 90005 4001, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:1206-15. 2004..Using data from anonymous unlinked testing of routinely collected sera, trends in HIV are compared among sexually transmitted disease patients in 4 Western urban centers...
- Are older hazardous and harmful drinkers less likely to participate in health-related behaviors and practices as compared with nonhazardous drinkers?A A Moore
School of Medicine, Division of Geriatrics, University of California, Los Angeles 90095, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 49:421-30. 2001....
- The effect of partner characteristics on HIV infection among African American men who have sex with men in the Young Men's Survey, Los Angeles, 1999-2000Trista A Bingham
HIV Epidemiology Program, Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, Los Angeles, CA 90005, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 15:39-52. 2003....
- Perceptions towards condom use, sexual activity, and HIV disclosure among HIV-positive African American men who have sex with men: implications for heterosexual transmissionNina T Harawa
Charles B Drew University of Medicine and Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Urban Health 83:682-94. 2006....