Affiliation: Los Angeles Biomedical Research Institute
- Weekly reading assignments and examinations result in sustained improvement in American Board of Surgery In-Training Examination (ABSITE) scoresChristian De Virgilio
Department of Surgery, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 1000 W Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90509, USA
Am Surg 71:830-2. 2005..03). Sustained improvement in ABSITE scores and fewer scores < 35 per cent were achieved over a 3-year period with an educational program of weekly topic-specific reading assignments and written review examinations...
- Factors affecting long-term mortality after endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysmsChristian De Virgilio
Division of Vascular Surgery, Department of Surgery, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA, USA
Arch Surg 141:905-9; discussion 909-10. 2006..Perioperative clinical cardiac risk factors are significant predictors of long-term mortality.Design, Setting, and..
- The 80-hour resident workweek does not adversely affect patient outcomes or resident educationChristian De Virgilio
Department of Surgery, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, CA 90509, USA
Curr Surg 63:435-9; discussion 440. 2006..To determine whether the 80-hour resident workweek adversely affects patient outcomes or resident education...
- Weekly assigned reading and examinations during residency, ABSITE performance, and improved pass rates on the American Board of Surgery ExaminationsChristian De Virgilio
Department of Surgery, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, Torrance, California 90509, USA
J Surg Educ 65:499-503. 2008....
- Acute thrombosis of an abdominal aortic aneurysm followed by delayed rupture associated with bacterial infectionBrandon M Ishaque
David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Ann Vasc Surg 24:524.e1-4. 2010..A review of the literature revealed that bacterial infection of a previously thrombosed AAA, leading to a delayed rupture, has not been previously reported...
- Predicting performance on the American Board of Surgery qualifying and certifying examinations: a multi-institutional studyChristian De Virgilio
Division of Vascular Surgery, Harbor UCLA Medical Center, 1000 W Carson Street, Torrance, CA 90509, USA
Arch Surg 145:852-6. 2010..Identifying such factors may assist in the early implementation of an academic intervention for at-risk residents...