Trista A Bingham
Affiliation: Los Angeles County
- The effect of partner characteristics on HIV infection among African American men who have sex with men in the Young Men's Survey, Los Angeles, 1999-2000Trista A Bingham
HIV Epidemiology Program, Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, Los Angeles, CA 90005, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 15:39-52. 2003....
- Associations of race/ethnicity with HIV prevalence and HIV-related behaviors among young men who have sex with men in 7 urban centers in the United StatesNina T Harawa
County of Los Angeles, Department of Health Services, Los Angeles, CA 90005, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 35:526-36. 2004..Prevention programs should address risks in steady partnerships, target young men before sexual initiation with male partners, and tailor interventions to men of color and of lower socioeconomic status...
- HIV risk factors reported by two samples of male bathhouse attendees in Los Angeles, California, 2001-2002Trista A Bingham
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, HIV Epidemiology Program, Los Angeles, California 90005, USA
Sex Transm Dis 35:631-6. 2008..We aimed to describe the use of voluntary HIV counseling and testing services, risk behaviors, and risk factors for unprotected anal sex (UAS) among men who have sex with men (MSM) who attended a bathhouse in Los Angeles during 2001-2002...
- Using arrest charge to screen for undiagnosed HIV infection among new arrestees: a study in Los Angeles CountyNina T Harawa
Department of Research, Charles Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, California 90059, USA
J Correct Health Care 15:105-17. 2009..Using arrest charge to target screening may efficiently increase HIV diagnosis in jail inmates where universal HIV screening is not possible...
- Late HIV detection among adult males in Los Angeles County, 2000-2004Jacqueline Rurangirwa
Division of HIV and STD Programs, County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA, USA
AIDS Care 25:481-7. 2013..Analysis and mapping of individual- and community-level risk factors associated with late HIV detection provides an important tool for targeting prevention resources to areas and populations with the highest burden of disease...
- Gender role conflict among African American men who have sex with men and women: associations with mental health and sexual risk and disclosure behaviorsTrista A Bingham
HIV Epidemiology Program, Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, Los Angeles, CA 90005, USA
Am J Public Health 103:127-33. 2013....
- Exploring HIV prevention utilization among female sex workers and male-to-female transgendersNina T Harawa
Charles Drew University of Medicine and Science, Los Angeles, CA, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 21:356-71. 2009....
- Perceptions towards condom use, sexual activity, and HIV disclosure among HIV-positive African American men who have sex with men: implications for heterosexual transmissionNina T Harawa
Charles B Drew University of Medicine and Sciences, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Urban Health 83:682-94. 2006....
- Trends in HIV prevalence among public sexually transmitted disease clinic attendees in the Western region of the United States (1989-1999)Nina T Harawa
Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, CA 90005 4001, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 37:1206-15. 2004..Using data from anonymous unlinked testing of routinely collected sera, trends in HIV are compared among sexually transmitted disease patients in 4 Western urban centers...
- The role of peer support on condom use among Black and Latino MSM in three urban areasJuli Ann Carlos
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, CA 90005, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 22:430-44. 2010....
- HIV prevalence among foreign- and US-born clients of public STD clinicsNina T Harawa
Los Angeles County Department of Health Services, HIV Epidemiology Program, Los Angeles, CA 90005, USA
Am J Public Health 92:1958-63. 2002..We examined differences in HIV seroprevalence and the likely timing of HIV infection by birth region...