G S Longobardo
- Introduction of respiratory pattern generators into models of respiratory controlGuy Longobardo
Department of Medicine, UDMNJ New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Avenue, MSB I 510n Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Respir Physiol Neurobiol 148:285-301. 2005....
- Analysis of the interplay between neurochemical control of respiration and upper airway mechanics producing upper airway obstruction during sleep in humansG S Longobardo
Department of Medicine, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Avenue, MSB I 510 Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Exp Physiol 93:271-87. 2008..Low arousal thresholds and increased upper airway resistance are two factors that promoted the occurrence and persistence of obstructive sleep apnoeas...
- Influence of arousal threshold and depth of sleep on respiratory stability in man: analysis using a mathematical modelG S Longobardo
Department of Medicine, New Jersey Medical School, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Exp Physiol 94:1185-99. 2009..These instabilities could be countered by arousal threshold increases which were tied to deeper sleep or accumulated aroused time, or by decreased controller gains...
- Effects of neural drives on breathing in the awake state in humansGuy Longobardo
Department of Medicine, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, 185 South Orange Avenue, MSB I 510, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Respir Physiol 129:317-33. 2002..Another finding is that HVD is destabilizing. The model is the first to reproduce results reported in conscious humans after hyperventilation and after acute and longer-term hypoxia. It also reproduces the effects of NREM sleep...
- Effects of controller dynamics on simulations of irregular and periodic breathingGuy Longobardo
Department of Medicine, UDMNJ, Newark, NJ, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 536:389-99. 2003