Affiliation: Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Altered expression of TAP-1 and major histocompatibility complex class I in laryngeal papillomatosis: correlation of TAP-1 with diseaseA Vambutas
Department of Otolaryngology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, The Long Island Campus for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 7:79-85. 2000..This up-regulation of class I MHC antigen at the cell surface potentially allows the infected cell to become a target for the immune system again. This finding provides some promise for nonsurgical treatment of laryngeal papillomas...
- Polymorphism of transporter associated with antigen presentation 1 as a potential determinant for severity of disease in recurrent respiratory papillomatosis caused by human papillomavirus types 6 and 11Andrea Vambutas
North Shore Long Island Jewish Research Institute, and Department of Otolaryngology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
J Infect Dis 189:871-9. 2004..However, this association appeared to mitigate the severity of disease (P=.04). Therefore, severity of disease in a patient with RRP might be determined by sequencing TAP1, in conjunction with HLA class II genes...
- Therapeutic vaccination with papillomavirus E6 and E7 long peptides results in the control of both established virus-induced lesions and latently infected sites in a pre-clinical cottontail rabbit papillomavirus modelA Vambutas
North Shore Long Island Jewish Research Institute, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, USA
Vaccine 23:5271-80. 2005..Thus, this study shows promise for treatment of RRP by vaccination with long peptides...
- Alternate splicing of interleukin-1 receptor type II (IL1R2) in vitro correlates with clinical glucocorticoid responsiveness in patients with AIEDAndrea Vambutas
The Apelian Cochlear Implant Center, Department of Otolaryngology, North Shore LIJ Health System, Clinical Teaching Campus for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e5293. 2009..Thus, induced expression of mIL1R2 appears to be a protective mechanism in hearing homeostasis and warrants further investigation in a large prospective clinical trial to determine if IL1R2 can be used as a specific biomarker for AIED...
- Interaction of human papillomavirus type 11 E7 protein with TAP-1 results in the reduction of ATP-dependent peptide transportA Vambutas
Department of Otolaryngology, The Long Island Campus for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
Clin Immunol 101:94-9. 2001....
- Failure of gamma interferon but not interleukin-10 expression in response to human papillomavirus type 11 E6 protein in respiratory papillomatosisJames A DeVoti
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Long Island Jewish Medical Center and North Shore Long Island Jewish Research Institute, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:538-47. 2004..In summary, E6 is the dominant inducer of cytokine expression in RRP, and it induces a skewed expression of IL-10 compared to the expression of IFN-gamma...
- HLA alleles, IFN-gamma responses to HPV-11 E6, and disease severity in patients with recurrent respiratory papillomatosisVincent R Bonagura
Division of Allergy and Immunology, North Shore Long Island Jewish Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York, USA
Hum Immunol 65:773-82. 2004....