Affiliation: Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- ECT remission rates in psychotic versus nonpsychotic depressed patients: a report from COREG Petrides
Research Department, Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Glen Oaks, New York 11004, USA
J ECT 17:244-53. 2001..To compare the relative efficacy of electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) in psychotic and nonpsychotic patients with unipolar major depression...
- Seizure threshold in a large sample: implications for stimulus dosing strategies in bilateral electroconvulsive therapy: a report from COREGeorgios Petrides
Zucker Hillside Hospital, Northshore Long Island Jewish Health System Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
J ECT 25:232-7. 2009..We also compared the resulting stimulation levels to estimates predicted by an age-based formula, the half-age (HA) method...
- Continuation and maintenance electroconvulsive therapy for mood disorders: review of the literatureGeorgios Petrides
The Zucker Hillside Hospital, North Shore LIJ Health System, Glen Oaks, NY, USA
Neuropsychobiology 64:129-40. 2011..Continuation ECT (C-ECT) and maintenance ECT (M-ECT) are required for many patients suffering from severe and recurrent forms of mood disorders. This is a review of the literature regarding C- and M-ECT...
- Electroconvulsive therapy is equally effective in unipolar and bipolar depressionS Bailine
Department of Psychiatry, The Zucker Hillside Hospital Northshore LIJ Health System, Glen Oaks, NY, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 121:431-6. 2010..To determine the relative efficacy of electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) in the treatment of bipolar (BP) and unipolar (UP) depressive illness and clarify its role in BP depression...
- ECT IN CLOZAPINE REFRACTORY SCHIZOPHRENIAGeorgios Petrides; Fiscal Year: 2003..The results of the study will guide clinicians faced with the problem of how to treat patients who have not been helped by standard antipsychotic medications and do not show an adequate response to clozapine. ..
- COMPARING THREE ELECTRODE PLACEMENTS TO OPTIMIZE ECTGeorgios Petrides; Fiscal Year: 2005..The results of this study will promote more effective and safer treatment of the most severely ill depressed patients. ..