Affiliation: Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Symptomatic remission in schizophrenia patients treated with aripiprazole or haloperidol for up to 52 weeksJohn M Kane
The Zucker Hillside Hospital, 75 59 263 St, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Schizophr Res 95:143-50. 2007..This analysis examined symptomatic remission in acutely ill patients with schizophrenia receiving either aripiprazole or haloperidol for one year...
- Antipsychotic monotherapy and polypharmacy in the naturalistic treatment of schizophrenia with atypical antipsychoticsDouglas Faries
Outcomes Research, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
BMC Psychiatry 5:26. 2005..This study assessed the annual rate and duration of antipsychotic monotherapy and its inverse, antipsychotic polypharmacy, among schizophrenia patients initiated on commonly used atypical antipsychotic medications...
- Neurocognitive profile in adolescents with early-onset schizophrenia: clinical correlatesJoseph P Rhinewine
Department of Psychiatry Research Zucker Hillside Hospital, Glen Oaks, New York 11004, USA
Biol Psychiatry 58:705-12. 2005..Information concerning the severity, pattern, and clinical correlates of these deficits in EOS remains limited...
- Are cannabis use disorders associated with an earlier age at onset of psychosis? A study in first episode schizophreniaSerge Sevy
The Zucker Hillside Hospital of the North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Psychiatry Research, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Schizophr Res 120:101-7. 2010..The purpose of this study is to determine if an earlier age at onset of positive symptoms in schizophrenia is associated with cannabis use disorders (CUD)...
- Investigation of unirhinal olfactory identification in antipsychotic-free patients experiencing a first-episode schizophreniaPhilip R Szeszko
Department of Psychiatry Research, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Zucker Hillside Hospital, 75 59 263rd Street, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Schizophr Res 67:219-25. 2004....
- Left middle temporal gyrus activation during a phonemic discrimination taskManzar Ashtari
Department of Radiology, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, NY 11004, USA
Neuroreport 15:389-93. 2004..This study also demonstrates the advantage of tone discrimination control blocks as opposed to conventional rest periods to isolate the pure language component of phonemic discrimination...
- Basal ganglia volumes in first-episode schizophrenia and healthy comparison subjectsHandan Gunduz
Department of Psychiatry Research, Hillside Hospital of the North Shore, Long Island Jewish Health System, 75 59 263rd Street, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Biol Psychiatry 51:801-8. 2002..We conducted a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) study to examine basal ganglia structures and the limbic forebrain in first episode schizophrenia and healthy comparison subjects...