Affiliation: Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Adjunctive antipsychotic treatment of adolescents with bipolar psychosisV Kafantaris
Department of Psychiatry, Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 40:1448-56. 2001..A combination of an antipsychotic medication and a mood stabilizer is often used for initial treatment of acute psychotic mania. However, the optimal duration of this adjunctive antipsychotic medication is unknown...
- Adjunctive antipsychotic treatment is necessary for adolescents with psychotic maniaV Kafantaris
Department of Psychiatry, Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Glen Oaks, New York, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 11:409-13. 2001..Our first five subjects experienced a rapid exacerbation of symptoms, which responded to restarting haloperidol. A longer duration of adjunctive antipsychotic treatment is necessary in adolescents with bipolar psychosis...
- Lithium treatment of acute mania in adolescents: a placebo-controlled discontinuation studyVivian Kafantaris
Department of Psychiatry, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 43:984-93. 2004..There are no published placebo-controlled studies of any agent in the treatment of acute mania in children or adolescents. This is the first placebo-controlled study of lithium's efficacy in the treatment of acute mania in adolescents...
- Pharmacological treatment of bipolar disorder among children and adolescentsJoseph C Blader
Stony Brook State University of New York, NY, USA
Expert Rev Neurother 7:259-70. 2007..By summarizing current research and opinion on diagnostic issues and treatment approaches, this review aims to provide an update on a clinically important yet controversial topic...
- Development and reliability of the HAM-D/MADRS interview: an integrated depression symptom rating scaleRebecca W Iannuzzo
Center for Neuropsychiatric Outcome and Rehabilitation Research CENORR, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, 75 59 263rd Street, Ambulatory Care Pavilion, Room 2219, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Psychiatry Res 145:21-37. 2006..The HMI provides an easily administered, reliable method of rating depression severity which may improve consistency and validity of study findings...
- Treatment of withdrawal dyskinesiaVivian Kafantaris
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:1102-3. 2005
- Lithium, minocycline, and pseudotumor cerebriJanardhana Jonnalagadda
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 44:209. 2005
- A prospective study of hyperprolactinemia in children and adolescents treated with atypical antipsychotic agentsEma Saito
Department of Psychiatry Research, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 14:350-8. 2004..We hypothesized: (1) risperidone would be associated with hyperprolactinemia most frequently, and (2) postpubertal females may be at higher risk of prolactin elevation and associated adverse effects...
- Lithium treatment of acute mania in adolescents: a large open trialVivian Kafantaris
Department of Psychiatry, Zucker Hillside Hospital, Glen Oaks, NY, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 42:1038-45. 2003....
- Patterns of adherence to treatment in adolescents with bipolar disorderDaniel J Coletti
St Mary s Healthcare System for Children, Department of Behavioral Health Services, Bayside, New York, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 15:913-7. 2005..Nonetheless, findings suggest vigilant monitoring of medication administration prior to assessing regimen effectiveness...
- Macrocytosis associated with divalproex treatmentRuth Tsivkin
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 15:1011-4. 2005....
- Can diabetes mellitus be induced by medication?Ema Saito
Division of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Schneider Children s Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 12:231-6. 2002..All were African American, obese, and had a family history of diabetes mellitus. We discuss each case and examine the possibility of psychotropic medication-induced diabetes mellitus in adolescents...
- Clozapine and "high-dose" olanzapine in refractory early-onset schizophrenia: a 12-week randomized and double-blind comparisonSanjiv Kumra
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55454 1495, USA
Biol Psychiatry 63:524-9. 2008..The present study evaluated the effectiveness and safety of clozapine versus "high-dose" olanzapine in treatment-refractory adolescents with schizophrenia...
- White Matter Abnormalities in Bipolar AdolescentsVivian Kafantaris; Fiscal Year: 2005..Recruitment for this proposed study will be facilitated by the PI's ongoing NIMH-funded longitudinal treatment study of bipolar adolescents. ..
- TREATMENT AND OUTCOME OF EARLY ONSET BIPOLAR DISORDERVivian Kafantaris; Fiscal Year: 2005..In addition, a lower risk of TD with the novel antipsychotics may alter the risk: benefit ratio in favor of longer-term antipsychotic treatment. ..