Affiliation: Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- The schizophrenia prodrome: treatment and high-risk perspectivesBarbara Cornblatt
Department of Psychiatry Research, Hillside Hospital of the North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, 75 59 263rd Street, Glen Oaks, NY 11004, USA
Schizophr Res 54:177-86. 2002..Depending upon clinical characteristics and phase of the prodrome, anti-depressants also appear highly effective...
- Nonspecific and attenuated negative symptoms in patients at clinical high-risk for schizophreniaTodd Lencz
Recognition and Prevention Program, Lake Success, NY 11042, USA
Schizophr Res 68:37-48. 2004....
- Spatial working memory deficits in adolescents at clinical high risk for schizophreniaChristopher W Smith
Recognition and Prevention RAP Program, Department of Psychiatry Research, The Zucker Hillside Hospital, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System NSLIJHS Glen Oaks, NY 11042, USA
Schizophr Res 81:211-5. 2006..Although based on a small pilot study, the results strongly suggest that WM deficit may be a risk factor for psychosis...
- Prediction of psychosis in youth at high clinical risk: a multisite longitudinal study in North AmericaTyrone D Cannon
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1285 Franz Hall, Los Angeles, CA 90095
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:28-37. 2008....
- Neuropsychological functioning in adolescents and young adults at genetic risk for schizophrenia and affective psychoses: results from the Harvard and Hillside Adolescent High Risk StudiesLarry J Seidman
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Massachusetts Mental Health Center, Division of Public Psychiatry, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, USA
Schizophr Bull 32:507-24. 2006..Ascertainment criteria for controls may markedly influence results and interpretation of group differences...
- The empirical status of the ultra high-risk (prodromal) research paradigmTyrone D Cannon
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Schizophr Bull 33:661-4. 2007....
- North American Prodrome Longitudinal Study: a collaborative multisite approach to prodromal schizophrenia researchJean Addington
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 250 College Street, Toronto, Ontario, M5T 1R8, Canada
Schizophr Bull 33:665-72. 2007....
- Generalized and specific cognitive performance in clinical high-risk cohorts: a review highlighting potential vulnerability markers for psychosisWarrick J Brewer
ORYGEN Research Centre and Early Psychosis Prevention and Intervention Centre, EPPIC, Department of Psychiatry, University of Melbourne, Australia
Schizophr Bull 32:538-55. 2006..Delineation of the relationship between specific cognitive ability and symptoms from data-driven approaches may improve our understanding of the role of cognition during psychosis onset...
- Prepsychotic phase of schizophrenia and related disorders: recent progress and future opportunitiesLisa J Phillips
PACE Clinic, ORYGEN Research Centre, Locked Bag 10, Parkville 8052, Victoria, Australia
Br J Psychiatry Suppl 48:s33-44. 2005..Clinical and research focus has recently shifted from established psychotic disorders to first-episode psychosis and the prepsychotic phase of illness...
- Effects of galantamine on measures of attention: results from 2 clinical trials in Alzheimer disease patients with comparisons to donepezilJames E Galvin
Department of Neurology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63110, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 22:30-8. 2008..Improved attention may have positive effects on cognitive and functional outcomes for AD patients, although this hypothesis requires further study and validation...