Genomes and Genes
Allan L Abramson
Affiliation: Long Island Jewish Medical Center
- Latent Human Papillomavirus infection is comparable in the larynx and tracheaAllan L Abramson
Department of Otolaryngology and Communicative Disorders, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
J Med Virol 72:473-7. 2004....
- HLA alleles, IFN-gamma responses to HPV-11 E6, and disease severity in patients with recurrent respiratory papillomatosisVincent R Bonagura
Division of Allergy and Immunology, North Shore Long Island Jewish Research Institute, Department of Pediatrics, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York, USA
Hum Immunol 65:773-82. 2004....
- Clinical trial of photodynamic therapy with meso-tetra (hydroxyphenyl) chlorin for respiratory papillomatosisMark J Shikowitz
Department of Otolaryngology and Communicative Disorders, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, NY 11040, USA
Arch Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 131:99-105. 2005..To determine the efficacy of photodynamic therapy (PDT) with meso-tetra (hydroxyphenyl) chlorin (m-THPC) photosensitizer for recurrent respiratory papillomatosis...
- Failure of gamma interferon but not interleukin-10 expression in response to human papillomavirus type 11 E6 protein in respiratory papillomatosisJames A DeVoti
Division of Allergy and Immunology, Department of Pediatrics, Long Island Jewish Medical Center and North Shore Long Island Jewish Research Institute, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 11:538-47. 2004..In summary, E6 is the dominant inducer of cytokine expression in RRP, and it induces a skewed expression of IL-10 compared to the expression of IFN-gamma...
- Activating killer cell immunoglobulin-like receptors 3DS1 and 2DS1 protect against developing the severe form of recurrent respiratory papillomatosisVincent R Bonagura
Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Hum Immunol 71:212-9. 2010..Our data suggest that NK cells expressing activating receptors KIR3DS1 and KIR2DS1 may be necessary to trigger an effective early immune response against HPV-infected targets to establish resistance to RRP development...
- Epidermal growth factor-induced cyclooxygenase-2 expression is mediated through phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase, not mitogen-activated protein/extracellular signal-regulated kinase kinase, in recurrent respiratory papillomasRong Wu
Institute for Medical Research, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, New York, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:6155-61. 2005....
- Recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: a complex defect in immune responsiveness to human papillomavirus-6 and -11Vincent R Bonagura
Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, North Shore Long Island Jewish Health System, Manhasset, NY, USA
APMIS 118:455-70. 2010..Taken together, RRP is a complex, multigene disease manifesting as a tissue and HPV-specific, immune deficiency that prevents effective clearance and/or control of HPV-6 and -11 infection...
- Polymorphism of transporter associated with antigen presentation 1 as a potential determinant for severity of disease in recurrent respiratory papillomatosis caused by human papillomavirus types 6 and 11Andrea Vambutas
North Shore Long Island Jewish Research Institute, and Department of Otolaryngology, Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New Hyde Park, New York 11040, USA
J Infect Dis 189:871-9. 2004..However, this association appeared to mitigate the severity of disease (P=.04). Therefore, severity of disease in a patient with RRP might be determined by sequencing TAP1, in conjunction with HLA class II genes...
- Four mutations in Epidermodysplasia verruciformis 1 (EVER1) gene are not contributors to susceptibility in RRPJoseph Donfack
Allegheny General Hospital, Allegheny Singer Research Institute, 320 East North Avenue, 11th Floor, South Tower, Room 1171, Pittsburgh, PA 15212 4772, USA
Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 70:1235-40. 2006....
- Immune dysregulation and tumor-associated gene changes in recurrent respiratory papillomatosis: a paired microarray analysisJames A DeVoti
Feinstein Institute for Medical Research, Manhasset, New York, USA
Mol Med 14:608-17. 2008....
- Anterior-posterior and medial compression of the supraglottis: signs of nonorganic dysphonia or normal postures?Alison Behrman
Department of Otolaryngology, Center for the Voice, The New York Eye and Ear Infirmary, New York NY 10003, USA
J Voice 17:403-10. 2003....