Affiliation: Loma Linda University
- Comparing self-reported disease outcomes, diet, and lifestyles in a national cohort of black and white Seventh-day AdventistsSusanne Montgomery
Loma Linda University, School of Public Health, 1709 Nichol Hall, Loma Linda, CA 92373, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 4:A62. 2007..This paper focuses on some preliminary baseline analyses of responses from the first group of participants recruited for AHS-2...
- Validation of nutrient intake using an FFQ and repeated 24 h recalls in black and white subjects of the Adventist Health Study-2 (AHS-2)Karen Jaceldo-Siegl
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
Public Health Nutr 13:812-9. 2010..To validate a 204-item quantitative FFQ for measurement of nutrient intake in the Adventist Health Study-2 (AHS-2)...
- Cohort profile: The Adventist Health Study-2 (AHS-2)Terry L Butler
School of Public Health, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California 9235, USA
Int J Epidemiol 37:260-5. 2008
- Substance abuse and dependence treatment in outpatient physician offices, 1997-2004Jim E Banta
School of Public Health, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California 92350, USA
Am J Drug Alcohol Abuse 33:583-93. 2007..To examine patient, physician, and visit characteristics associated with treatment for substance abuse during outpatient physician visits...
- California's county and city environmental health services delivery systemDavid T Dyjack
Loma Linda University School of Public Health, CA 92350, USA
J Environ Health 69:35-43, 56. 2007..The authors offer seven recommendations for improving environmental health services in California. Many of these recommendations can be generalized to the nation at large...
- Using the theory of planned behavior to explore attitudes and beliefs about dietary supplements among HIV-positive Black womenStephanie Lino
Loma Linda University, School of Public Health, Loma Linda, CA 92350, United States Electronic address
Complement Ther Med 22:400-8. 2014....
- Type 2 diabetes as a portal for community and university collaboration: one county's experienceHeather Diaz
Loma Linda University, CA, USA
Public Health Rep 121:479-82. 2006
- Effect of consumption of dried California mission figs on lipid concentrationsJoycelyn M Peterson
Department of Health Promotion and Education, Loma Linda University, School of Public Health, Calif, USA
Ann Nutr Metab 58:232-8. 2011..Figs are a rich source of soluble fiber. We evaluated the effect of consuming dried California Mission figs on serum lipids in hyperlipidemic adults...
- Understanding the challenges in recruiting blacks to a longitudinal cohort study: the Adventist health studyPatti Herring
Department of Health Promotion and Education, Loma Linda University School of Public Health, Loma Linda, California, USA
Ethn Dis 14:423-30. 2004....
- Practices, attitudes, and beliefs associated with complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use among cancer patientsKristen Arthur
Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 11:232-42. 2012..The authors conducted a descriptive mixed-methods pilot study to understand CAM practices, attitudes, and beliefs among cancer patients at the Loma Linda University Medical Center...
- Social and cultural factors associated with perinatal grief in Chhattisgarh, IndiaLisa R Roberts
In Your Best Interest Medical Clinic, 1201 Brookside Ave, Redlands, CA 92373, USA
J Community Health 37:572-82. 2012..Perinatal grief is a significant social burden which impacts the health women...
- Acute effect of a single high-fat meal on forearm blood flow, blood pressure and heart rate in healthy male Asians and Caucasians: a pilot studyChumjit Bui
Department of Health Promotion and Education, School of Public Health, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA, USA
Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 41:490-500. 2010..These findings suggest that a single HF meal may contribute to the detrimental effects on vascular health in Asian males and raises speculation regarding the cumulative impact of a chronic HF diet in this population...
- Exploring HIV-testing intentions in young Asian/Pacific Islander (API) women as it relates to acculturation, theory of gender and power (TGP), and the AIDS risk reduction model (ARRM)Margaret C Salud
a School of Public Health, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, CA, USA
AIDS Care 26:642-7. 2014....
- Building capacity for community disaster preparedness: a call for collaboration between public environmental health and emergency preparedness and response programsThelma Gamboa-Maldonado
Department of Global Health, Loma Linda University, School of Public Health, CA 92350, USA
J Environ Health 75:24-9. 2012..The lessons learned will form the basis of future interventions aimed to prepare EH and EPR professions to implement community-focused emergency preparedness strategies...
- Organization and staffing barriers to parent involvement in teen pregnancy prevention programs: challenges for community partnershipsJanet E Flores
Department of Health Promotion and Education, Loma Linda University School of Public Health, Loma Linda, California 92350, USA
J Adolesc Health 37:S108-14. 2005..Researchers expected to find parent and family-related participation barriers similar to those described in the family support literature, which they could address with program modifications...
- Effect of early skin-to-skin mother--infant contact during the first 3 hours following birth on exclusive breastfeeding during the maternity hospital stayLeslie Bramson
Loma Linda University, School of Public Health, California, USA
J Hum Lact 26:130-7. 2010..468-1.888), 31 to 59 minutes (OR 2.357; 95% CI, 2.061-2.695), and more than 1 hour (OR 3.145; 95% CI, 2.905-3.405). The results demonstrate a dose-response relationship between early skin-to-skin contact and breastfeeding exclusivity...
- Integrating academia with community-based health practices: the San Bernardino County Community-Based Pediatric Vision Outreach SystemElizabeth Holzhauser
Department of Health Promotion and Education, School of Public Health, Loma Linda University, CA, USA
Public Health Rep 117:197-200. 2002
- Needle-sharing among young IV drug users and their social network members: The influence of the injection partner's characteristics on HIV risk behaviorJennifer B Unger
University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, USA
Addict Behav 31:1607-18. 2006..Public health interventions are needed to help young IVDUs to avoid needle-sharing with intimate partners...