Xiao Wen Mao
Affiliation: Loma Linda University
- Evaluation of polysaccharopeptide effects against C6 glioma in combination with radiationX W Mao
Department of Radiation Medicine Radiobiology Program, Loma Linda University and Medical Center, Loma Linda, Calif 92354, USA
Oncology 61:243-53. 2001..Collectively, these results warrant further investigation to determine if PSP can be effectively utilized to upregulate immune responsiveness in case of neoplasia and other diseases in which immunosuppression is a prominent feature...
- Mitochondrial oxidative stress-induced apoptosis and radioprotection in proton-irradiated rat retinaXiao Wen Mao
Department of Radiation Medicine, Radiation Research Laboratories and Department of Basic Sciences, Loma Linda University and Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
Radiat Res 178:118-25. 2012..These insights prompt further study of this compound as a potential therapeutic candidate for retinal protection against degenerative ocular damage induced by ionizing radiation...
- Differential expression of oxidative stress and extracellular matrix remodeling genes in low- or high-dose-rate photon-irradiated skinXiao Wen Mao
Department of Radiation Medicine, Radiation Research Laboratories, Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, California 92354, USA
Radiat Res 176:187-97. 2011..The expression of many genes was differentially regulated by different total dose and/or dose-rate regimens...
- Gene expression analysis of oxidative stress and apoptosis in proton-irradiated rat retinaXiao W Mao
Department of Radiation Medicine, Radiation Research Laboratories, Loma Linda University and Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA 92350, USA
In Vivo 24:425-30. 2010..The aim of this study was to examine the induction of oxidative stress and apoptosis-associated gene expression profiles in retina after proton irradiation exposure at 0.5 to 4 Gy...
- High-LET radiation-induced response of microvessels in the HippocampusXiao Wen Mao
Departments of Radiation Medicine, Molecular Radiation Biology Laboratories, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California 92350, USA
Radiat Res 173:486-93. 2010..The correlation between radiation-induced alterations in the hippocampal microvessels and their functional consequences must be investigated in further studies...
- Radioprotective effect of a metalloporphyrin compound in rat eye modelX W Mao
Department of Radiation Medicine, Molecular Radiation Biology Laboratories, Loma Linda University and Medical Center, Loma Linda, California, USA
Curr Eye Res 34:62-72. 2009..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of the antioxidant Mn (III) tetrakis (N-ethylpyridinium-2-yl) porphyrin (MnTE-2-PyP) in protecting ocular tissue and retinal microvasculature from radiation damage...
- A quantitative study of the effects of ionizing radiation on endothelial cells and capillary-like network formationXiao Wen Mao
LLURM Molecular Radiation Biology Laboratories, Chan Shun Pavilion, Loma Linda University, 11175 Campus Street, Rm A 1010, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 5:127-34. 2006..We postulated that apoptosis may represent a biologically relevant mechanism of radiation-induced endothelial cell damage...
- Space-relevant radiation modifies cytokine profiles, signaling proteins and Foxp3+ T cellsDaila S Gridley
Department of Radiation Medicine, Radiation Research Laboratories, Loma Linda University and Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA, USA
Int J Radiat Biol 89:26-35. 2013..The major goal was to evaluate effects of various radiation regimens on leukocyte populations relatively long-term after whole-body irradiation...
- Low-dose radiation modifies skin response to acute gamma-rays and protonsXiao Wen Mao
Chan Shun Pavilion, Room A 1010, 11175 Campus Street, Loma Linda Univesity, Loma Linda, CA 92354, U S A
In Vivo 27:695-700. 2013..The data demonstrate that caspase-3 activation initially triggered by both forms of acute radiation was greatly elevated in the skin nearly two months after whole-body exposure. In addition, LDR γ-ray priming ameliorated this response. ..
- Comparison of proton and electron radiation effects on biological responses in liver, spleen and bloodDaila S Gridley
Department of Radiation Medicine, Radiation Research Laboratories, Loma Linda University and Medical Center, Loma Linda, CA 92354, USA
Int J Radiat Biol 87:1173-81. 2011..To determine whether differences exist between proton and electron radiations on biological responses after total-body exposure...
- Changes in mouse thymus and spleen after return from the STS-135 mission in spaceDaila S Gridley
Department of Basic Sciences, Division of Radiation Research, Loma Linda University, Loma Linda, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e75097. 2013..Although this was the historic last flight of NASA's Space Shuttle Program, exploration of space will undoubtedly continue. ..