Yu Fang Li
- Nurse staffing and patient care costs in acute inpatient nursing unitsYu Fang Li
Northwest Center for Outcomes Research in Older Adults, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA, USA
Med Care 49:708-15. 2011..This study evaluated whether nursing hours per patient day (HPPD) and skill mix are associated with higher inpatient care costs within acute medical/surgical inpatient units using data from the Veterans Health Administration...
- Nurse staffing and patient outcomes in Veterans Affairs hospitalsAnne E Sales
Health Service Research and Development, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, 1660 S Columbian Way, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
J Nurs Adm 35:459-66. 2005..To assess characteristics and perceptions of nurses working in the Veterans Health Administration (VHA), comparing types of nursing personnel, to benchmark to prior studies across healthcare systems...
- Line authority for nurse staffing and costs for acute inpatient careChuan Fen Liu
Northwest Center for Outcomes Research in Older Adults, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, 1100 Olive Way, Suite 1400, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Inquiry 46:339-51. 2009..Our results provide some evidence that a reduction in nursing line authority may adversely impact nursing costs...
- Nurse executive and staff nurse perceptions of the effects of reorganization in Veterans Health Administration hospitalsNancy D Sharp
VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, and Department of Health Services, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
J Nurs Adm 36:471-8. 2006....
- Improving care to patients with ischemic heart disease: experiences in a single network of the Veterans Health AdministrationSandra L Pineros
Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
Worldviews Evid Based Nurs 1:S33-40. 2004..Ischemic heart disease (IHD) is the leading cause of death in the United States. Lowering serum cholesterol levels reduces coronary events and mortality; this effect is most evident in patients with preexisting IHD...
- Measuring nurses' practice environments with the revised nursing work index: evidence from registered nurses in the Veterans Health AdministrationYu Fang Li
VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, 1100 Olive Way, Suite 1400, WA 98101, USA
Res Nurs Health 30:31-44. 2007..Additional research is needed to corroborate these findings in other nurse samples and settings...
- Impact of palliative care case management on resource use by patients dying of cancer at a Veterans Affairs medical centerAnthony L Back
VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Palliat Med 8:26-35. 2005..The VA Puget Sound Health Care System (VAPSHCS) started a palliative care service (PCS) in October 2001 to provide case management for patients with advanced cancer...
- Organizational readiness to change assessment (ORCA): Development of an instrument based on the Promoting Action on Research in Health Services (PARIHS) frameworkChristian D Helfrich
Northwest HSR and D Center of Excellence, VA Puget Sound Healthcare System, Seattle, Washington, USA
Implement Sci 4:38. 2009..Additional validation is needed, including criterion validation...
- Equivalence of two healthcare costing methods: bottom-up and top-downMichael K Chapko
Health Services Research and Development, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
Health Econ 18:1188-201. 2009..Administrators and researchers conducting cost analyses need to carefully consider the purpose, methods, characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses when selecting a method for assessing cost...