Genomes and Genes
- Collecting-duct carcinoma of the kidney with prominent signet ring cell featuresM Li
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Montifiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
Mod Pathol 14:623-8. 2001..Electron microscopy revealed that the intracytoplasmic vacuoles were due to intracellular edema. To the best of our knowledge, this is the first reported case of renal collecting-duct carcinoma with prominent signet ring cell features...
- Adrenal oncocytic pheochromocytomaM Li
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 24:1552-7. 2000..The immunoreactivity of this tumor adds several unusual features to the wide immunohistochemical spectrum of pheochromocytoma...
- Caveolin-1 null mice are viable but show evidence of hyperproliferative and vascular abnormalitiesB Razani
Department of Molecular Pharmacology and The Albert Einstein Cancer Center, The Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 276:38121-38. 2001....
- Caveolin-3 null mice show a loss of caveolae, changes in the microdomain distribution of the dystrophin-glycoprotein complex, and t-tubule abnormalitiesF Galbiati
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Albert Einstein Comprehensive Cancer Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Biol Chem 276:21425-33. 2001..These results have clear mechanistic implications for understanding the pathogenesis of LGMD-1C at a molecular level...
- Elevated expression of caveolin-1 in adenocarcinoma of the colonS W Fine
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 115:719-24. 2001..Expression of caveolin-2 was undetectable in all of the normal colonic glands, adenomas, and carcinomas. We discuss the possible clinical implications of our findings within the context of caveolins and signal transduction...
- Abnormal expression of laminin beta 1 chain in skeletal muscle of adult-onset limb-girdle muscular dystrophyM Li
Department of Neurology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, USA
Arch Neurol 54:1457-61. 1997..The abnormality of muscle fiber basement membranes in specimens from cases that were available for ultrastructural study suggests that defects in the extracellular matrix may play a role in the pathogenesis of this subset of LGMD...
- Effect of p38 MAP kinases on contractility and ischemic injury in intact heartH R Cross
Department of Pathology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Acta Physiol Hung 96:307-23. 2009..In summary, attenuated p38 activity led to increased myocardial contractility; specific isoforms of p38 and their sub-cellular localization may have different roles in modulating ischemic injury...
- Transgenic overexpression of caveolin-3 in skeletal muscle fibers induces a Duchenne-like muscular dystrophy phenotypeF Galbiati
Departments of Molecular Pharmacology, Pathology, Developmental and Molecular Biology, and Neuropathology and Pathology, and The Albert Einstein Cancer Center, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:9689-94. 2000..The Duchenne-like phenotype of caveolin-3 transgenic mice will provide an important mouse model for understanding the pathogenesis of DMD in humans...
- Sequence and insertion sites of murine melanoma-associated retrovirusM Li
University of Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, Department of Pathology, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213, USA
J Virol 73:9178-86. 1999..The expression of PolG was not affected by the MelARV insertion. Further investigation of the biological significance of MelARV in melanoma formation is being undertaken...
- Polymorphism of the insulin gene is associated with increased prostate cancer riskG Y F Ho
Department of Epidemiology and Social Medicine, Albert Eistein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York, NY 10461, USA
Br J Cancer 88:263-9. 2003....