Katerina V Savelieva
Affiliation: Lexicon Pharmaceuticals
- Genetic disruption of both tryptophan hydroxylase genes dramatically reduces serotonin and affects behavior in models sensitive to antidepressantsKaterina V Savelieva
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, The Woodlands, TX, USA
PLoS ONE 3:e3301. 2008..The behavioral effects observed in the TPH2 KO and DKO mice strongly confirm the role of 5-HT and its synthetic enzymes in the etiology and treatment of affective disorders...
- Differential sensitivity to SSRI and tricyclic antidepressants in juvenile and adult mice of three strainsSara S Mason
Department of Neuroscience, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc, The Woodlands, TX 77381, USA
Eur J Pharmacol 602:306-15. 2009..Further examination of these effects is needed to determine whether it may be related to age-dependent difference in the clinical response to antidepressants of these classes...
- Characterization of PTPRG in knockdown and phosphatase-inactive mutant mice and substrate trapping analysis of PTPRG in mammalian cellsWandong Zhang
Neuroscience Research, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc, The Woodlands, TX, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e45500. 2012..Additional investigation of RPTPγ activity and regulation may lead to a better understanding of the biochemical underpinnings of human depression...
- Learning and memory impairment in Eph receptor A6 knockout miceKaterina V Savelieva
Neuroscience Research, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, 8800 Technology Forest Place, The Woodlands, TX 77381 1160, USA
Neurosci Lett 438:205-9. 2008..These findings suggest that EphA6, in line with a number of other Eph receptors and their ephrin ligands, is involved in neural circuits underlying aspects of learning and memory...
- Loss of the putative catalytic domain of HDAC4 leads to reduced thermal nociception and seizures while allowing normal bone developmentIndrani Rajan
Neuroscience Research, Lexicon Pharmaceuticals Inc, The Woodlands, TX, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e6612. 2009..As the mutant mice aged past 5 months, convulsions appeared, often elicited by handling. Our findings confirm the sufficiency of the N-terminal domain for muscle and bone development, while revealing other roles of HDAC4...
- Use of a platform in an automated open-field to enhance assessment of anxiety-like behaviors in miceVladimir M Pogorelov
Lexicon Genetics Inc, Department of Neuroscience, 8800 Technology Forest Place, The Woodlands, TX 77381, USA
J Neurosci Methods 162:222-8. 2007....