Richard E Slavin
Affiliation: Legacy Health System
- Tumoral calcinosis--a pathogenetic overview: a histological and ultrastructural study with a report of two new cases, one in infancyRichard E Slavin
Department of Pathology, Legacy Emanuel Hospital and Health Center, 2801 N Gantenbein Ave, Portland, OR 97227, USA
Int J Surg Pathol 20:462-73. 2012..The histological landmarks of tumoral calcinosis may be lost when its development becomes quiescent. The classic calcifying classifications are inadequate for tumoral calcinosis requiring creation of a new category for this entity...
- Segmental arterial mediolysis--an iatrogenic vascular disorder induced by ractopamineRichard E Slavin
Cascade Pathology Group, Legacy Emanuel Hospital and Health Center, Portland, OR 97227, USA
Cardiovasc Pathol 21:334-8. 2012..However, later presentations were at odds with some aspects of this hypothesis...
- The seromuscular tear and other intestinal lesions in the seatbelt syndrome: a clinical and pathologic study of 29 casesRichard E Slavin
Department of Pathology, Legacy Emanuel Hospital and Health Center, Portland, OR 97227, USA
Am J Forensic Med Pathol 23:214-22. 2002..Ninety percent of patients experienced two or more intestinal lesions. This suggests the simultaneous action of different traumatic mechanisms on the bowel and its mesenteries in seatbelted persons who are in motor vehicle accidents...
- Segmental arterial mediolysis with accompanying venous angiopathy: a clinical pathologic review, report of 3 new cases, and comments on the role of endothelin-1 in its pathogenesisRichard E Slavin
Cascade Pathology Group, Legacy Portland Hospitals, Emanuel Hospital and Health Center, Portland, Oregon, USA
Int J Surg Pathol 15:121-34. 2007..ET-1 may be indirectly play a role in SAM by cross-talking and potentiating the activities of other vasoconstrictors such as norepinephrine and by orchestrating its reparative phase...
- Segmental arterial mediolysis: course, sequelae, prognosis, and pathologic-radiologic correlationRichard E Slavin
Cascade Pathology Group, Department of Pathology, Legacy Emanuel Hospital and Health Center, Portland, OR 97227, USA
Cardiovasc Pathol 18:352-60. 2009..Despite this, uncertainties concerning pathologic and radiologic correlations, the course of this disease, and aspects of its prognosis exist. This article addresses these issues...