Daniel L Stulberg
Affiliation: LDS Hospital
- Common bacterial skin infectionsDaniel L Stulberg
Utah Valley Family Practice Residency, Provo 84604, USA
Am Fam Physician 66:119-24. 2002..Children, patients who have diabetes, or patients who have immunodeficiencies are more susceptible to gram-negative infections and may require treatment with a second- or third-generation cephalosporin...
- Molluscum contagiosum and wartsDaniel L Stulberg
Utah Valley Family Practice Residency, Provo, Utah 84604, USA
Am Fam Physician 67:1233-40. 2003..The choice of treatment varies with the age and wishes of the patient, the potential side effects of the treatment, and the location of the lesions...
- Pityriasis roseaDaniel L Stulberg
Family Practice Residency Program, Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, Provo, Utah 84604, USA
Am Fam Physician 69:87-91. 2004..Resolution of the rash may be hastened by ultraviolet light therapy but not without the risk of hyperpigmentation. Topical or systemic steroids and antihistamines often are used to relieve itching...
- Common hair loss disordersKaryn Springer
Utah Valley Regional Medical Center, Utah Valley Family Practice Residency, Provo, Utah, USA
Am Fam Physician 68:93-102. 2003..Alopecia areata, trichotillomania, traction alopecia, and tinea capitis have unique features on examination that aid in diagnosis. Treatment for these disorders and telogen effluvium focuses on resolution of the underlying cause...
- Common hyperpigmentation disorders in adults: Part I. Diagnostic approach, café au lait macules, diffuse hyperpigmentation, sun exposure, and phototoxic reactionsDaniel L Stulberg
Utah Valley Family Practice Residency Program, Provo, Utah 84604, USA
Am Fam Physician 68:1955-60. 2003..Cosmetic treatment with bleaching agents or lasers can be used to decrease pigmentation of ephelides (freckles) and lentigines...
- Common hyperpigmentation disorders in adults: Part II. Melanoma, seborrheic keratoses, acanthosis nigricans, melasma, diabetic dermopathy, tinea versicolor, and postinflammatory hyperpigmentationDaniel L Stulberg
Utah Valley Family Practice Residency Program, Provo, Utah, USA
Am Fam Physician 68:1963-8. 2003..Postinflammatory hyperpigmentation or hypopigmentation can occur in persons of any age after trauma, skin irritation, or dermatoses...
- Common benign skin tumorsMark C Luba
CIGNA Healthcare of Arizona, Glendale, Arizona, USA
Am Fam Physician 67:729-38. 2003..Referral is indicated if the family physician is not confident with the diagnostic evaluation or treatment of a lesion, or if a biopsy reveals melanoma...
- Diagnosis and treatment of basal cell and squamous cell carcinomasDaniel L Stulberg
Rose Family Medicine Residency Program, University of Colorado at Denver, 80222, USA
Am Fam Physician 70:1481-8. 2004..Because they may metastasize, they often are treated with excisional biopsy...
- Chronic plaque psoriasisKelly M Luba
Am Fam Physician 73:636-44. 2006....
- A disfigured foot with ulcerShauna Marie Grace
University of Colorado, Department of Family Medicine, Denver, USA
J Fam Pract 57:321-4. 2008