Scott M Stevens
Affiliation: LDS Hospital
- Withholding anticoagulation after a negative result on duplex ultrasonography for suspected symptomatic deep venous thrombosisScott M Stevens
LDS Hospital and University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84143, USA
Ann Intern Med 140:985-91. 2004..Repeated testing is costly and inconvenient, and patients are sometimes less likely to return for follow-up tests...
- Reduction of peripherally inserted central catheter-associated DVTR Scott Evans
Medical Informatics, Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City, UT 84143, USA
Chest 143:627-33. 2013..As peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC) use has increased, so has the upper extremity DVT rate. PICC diameter may pose the most modifiable risk for PICC-associated DVT...
- Risk of symptomatic DVT associated with peripherally inserted central cathetersR Scott Evans
Medical Informatics, Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Chest 138:803-10. 2010..PICC insertion teams and other health-care providers need to understand the risk factors so that they can develop methods to prevent DVT...
- The use of a fixed high sensitivity to evaluate five D-dimer assays' ability to rule out deep venous thrombosis: a novel approachScott M Stevens
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84143, USA
Br J Haematol 131:341-7. 2005..These findings should be subjected to a prospective management study, as a small reduction in sensitivity from our findings could result in a clinically relevant decrease in negative predictive value...
- Atypical calciphylaxis in a patient receiving warfarin then resolving with cessation of warfarin and application of hyperbaric oxygen therapyChandramouli Banerjee
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, USA
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 16:345-50. 2010..A high degree of clinical suspicion, early diagnosis, and understanding the pathophysiology of this disease promotes the optimal management of this extremely morbid and often fatal condition...
- Computerized clinical decision support improves warfarin management and decreases recurrent venous thromboembolismScott C Woller
Department of Medicine, Intermountain Medical Center, Murray, UT, USA Department of Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Clin Appl Thromb Hemost 21:197-203. 2015..We report metrics of quality for warfarin management before and after implementation of CDS in a large health care system...
- Risk of deep vein thrombosis following a single negative whole-leg compression ultrasound: a systematic review and meta-analysisStacy A Johnson
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, USA
JAMA 303:438-45. 2010..Patients with an initial negative CUS result often require repeat CUS after 5 to 7 days. Whole-leg CUS may exclude proximal and distal DVT in a single evaluation...
- Randomized trial of genotype-guided versus standard warfarin dosing in patients initiating oral anticoagulationJeffrey L Anderson
Cardiovascular Department, LDS Hospital, Intermountain Healthcare, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Circulation 116:2563-70. 2007..Pharmacogenetic-guided dosing of warfarin is a promising application of "personalized medicine" but has not been adequately tested in randomized trials...