Robert S Oakes
Affiliation: LDS Hospital
- Predictors of fatality in postdiarrheal hemolytic uremic syndromeRobert S Oakes
Pediatric Nephrology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Pediatrics 117:1656-62. 2006..Describe the cause of deaths among patients with postdiarrheal hemolytic uremic syndrome (HUS) and identify predictors of death at the time of hospital admission...
- Temporal left atrial lesion formation after ablation of atrial fibrillationTroy J Badger
Atrial Fibrillation Program, Division of Cardiology, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, Utah 84132 2400, USA
Heart Rhythm 6:161-8. 2009..Atrial fibrillation (AF) ablation uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to induce thermal damage to the left atrium (LA) in an attempt to isolate AF circuits. This injury can be seen using delayed enhancement magnetic resonance imaging (DE-MRI)...
- Duration of oliguria and anuria as predictors of chronic renal-related sequelae in post-diarrheal hemolytic uremic syndromeRobert S Oakes
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 23:1303-8. 2008..2; 95% CI 5.1-240.5). These findings may help identify children who need periodic and extended follow-up after hospital discharge...
- Detection and quantification of left atrial structural remodeling with delayed-enhancement magnetic resonance imaging in patients with atrial fibrillationRobert S Oakes
Atrial Fibrillation Program, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT 84132 2400, USA
Circulation 119:1758-67. 2009..In this study, we report the utility of delayed-enhancement magnetic resonance imaging (DE-MRI) in detecting abnormal atrial tissue before radiofrequency ablation and in predicting procedural outcome...
- Prognostic significance of microalbuminuria in postdiarrheal hemolytic uremic syndromeRandall Lou-Meda
Division of Nephrology and Hypertension, Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 22:117-20. 2007..7%, compared to screening for overt proteinuria alone. These findings, if confirmed by a larger cohort with more years of follow-up, may facilitate early initiation of intervention strategies designed to reduce progressive renal damage...