N C Dean
Affiliation: LDS Hospital
- Use of prognostic scoring and outcome assessment tools in the admission decision for community-acquired pneumoniaN C Dean
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
Clin Chest Med 20:521-9, viii. 1999..Comparison of the specific logic in different tools demonstrates more similarities than differences. Early data suggest that these tools may help physicians safety decrease the rate of admission to the hospital...
- Frequency of subspecialty physician care for elderly patients with community-acquired pneumoniaN C Dean
Pulmonary Division at LDS Hospital, The University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Chest 117:393-7. 2000..We wanted to understand who provides pneumonia care so as to appropriately target the guideline and design tools for implementation...
- Local guidelines for community-acquired pneumonia: development, implementation, and outcome studiesNathan C Dean
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, LDS Hospital, Intermountain Health Care, 333 South 900 E, Salt Lake City, UT 84102, USA
Infect Dis Clin North Am 18:975-91. 2004..Further research also is needed to develop methodology for more easily providing guideline logic to clinicians at the point of care...
- Implementation of admission decision support for community-acquired pneumoniaN C Dean
Pulmonary Division of LDS Hospital, Intermountain Health Car, Salt Lake City, UT 84102, USA
Chest 117:1368-77. 2000..A secondary objective was to determine whether the pneumonia severity index predicts need for admission in this population...
- Decreased mortality after implementation of a treatment guideline for community-acquired pneumoniaN C Dean
Intermountain Health Care, Salt Lake City, Utah 84102, USA
Am J Med 110:451-7. 2001..81; 95% CI: 0.63 to 1.03; P = 0.08). CONCLUSION: Implementation of a pneumonia practice guideline in the Intermountain Health Care system was associated with a reduction in 30-day mortality among elderly patients with pneumonia...
- Validation of the 2001 American Thoracic Society criteria for severe community-acquired pneumoniaPeter D Riley
University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Crit Care Med 32:2398-402. 2004..Additional factors not reflected in the definition may contribute to ICU admission and the need for mechanical ventilation...
- Improved clinical outcomes with utilization of a community-acquired pneumonia guidelineNathan C Dean
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, LDS Hospital, University of Utah School of Medicine, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Chest 130:794-9. 2006..We also questioned whether decreased mortality continued after 1997...
- Comparing gatifloxacin and clarithromycin in pneumonia symptom resolution and process of careNathan C Dean
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, LDS Hospital, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84102, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50:1164-9. 2006....
- Infectious Diseases Society of America/American Thoracic Society consensus guidelines on the management of community-acquired pneumonia in adultsLionel A Mandell
McMaster University Medical School, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Clin Infect Dis 44:S27-72. 2007