Genomes and Genes
Qian Steven Xu
Affiliation: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Two crystal forms of the restriction enzyme MspI-DNA complex show the same novel structureQian Steven Xu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Protein Sci 14:2590-600. 2005..Combined with structural information from other solved structures of Type II restriction enzymes, the possible relationship between the structures of the enzymes and their cleavage behaviors is discussed...
- An asymmetric complex of restriction endonuclease MspI on its palindromic DNA recognition siteQian Steven Xu
Department of Physiology and Biophysics, Boston University School of Medicine, 715 Albany Street, MA 02118, USA
Structure 12:1741-7. 2004..A few possible pathways are discussed for MspI to cut both strands of DNA, either as a monomer or dimer...
- Crystal structure of the multidrug efflux transporter AcrB at 3.1A resolution reveals the N-terminal region with conserved amino acidsDebanu Das
Berkeley Structural Genomics Center, Physical Biosciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, USA
J Struct Biol 158:494-502. 2007..We hope that the structural information provides a structural basis for others to design further biochemical investigation of the role of this portion of AcrB in mediating cytoplasmic ligand discrimination and uptake...
- Crystal structures of a phosphotransacetylase from Bacillus subtilis and its complex with acetyl phosphateQian Steven Xu
Berkeley Structural Genomics Center, Physical Biosciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Struct Funct Genomics 6:269-79. 2005..These results suggest that the CoA is likely to bind to the interdomain cleft of Pta in a similar way as NADP+ binds to the other three enzymes...
- Crystal structure of a phosphotransacetylase from Streptococcus pyogenesQian Steven Xu
Berkeley Structural Genomics Center, Physical Biosciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Proteins 55:479-81. 2004
- Structural genomics of minimal organisms and protein fold spaceSung Hou Kim
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Berkeley, 94720 5230, USA
J Struct Funct Genomics 6:63-70. 2005..genitalium. Furthermore, about 1/2 of the structures of 'unique' protein sequences revealed new and novel folds, and over 2/3 of the structures of previously annotated 'hypothetical proteins' inferred their molecular functions...