Heinz Ulrich Weier
Affiliation: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Assignment of the RNA-specific adenosine deaminase gene (Adar) to mouse chromosome 3F2 by in situ hybridizationH U Weier
Life Sciences Division, University of California, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, USA
Cytogenet Cell Genet 89:214-5. 2000
- Validation of DNA probes for molecular cytogenetics by mapping onto immobilized circular DNAKarin M Greulich-Bode
Division Genetics of Skin Carcinogenesis, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cytogenet 1:28. 2008..However, when developing probes for the quantitative analysis of rearrangements involving genomic intervals of less than 100 kb, careful probe selection and characterization are of paramount importance...
- Kinase expression and chromosomal rearrangements in papillary thyroid cancer tissues: investigations at the molecular and microscopic levelsH U G Weier
Life Sciences Division, University of California, E O Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
J Physiol Pharmacol 60:47-55. 2009..Knowledge of the kind of genetic alterations may facilitate the early detection and staging of chPTC as well as provide guidance for therapeutic intervention...
- Applications and technical challenges of fluorescence in situ hybridization in stem cell researchHeinz Ulli G Weier
Life Sciences Division 74 157, University of California, E O Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Blood Cells Mol Dis 32:68-76. 2004..This report summarizes our technical achievements relevant to stem cell research and outlines plans for future research and developments...
- FISH in cancer diagnosis and prognostication: from cause to course of diseaseHeinz Ulrich G Weier
Life Sciences Division 74 157, University of California, E O Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Expert Rev Mol Diagn 2:109-19. 2002..This information provides disease-specific information to the attending physician and should enable the design of patient-specific protocols for disease intervention...
- Towards a full karyotype screening of interphase cells: 'FISH and chip' technologyH Weier
Department of Subcellular Structure, Life Sciences Division MS 74 157, University of California, 1 Cyclotron Road, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Mol Cell Endocrinol 183:S41-5. 2001..Finally, DNA micro-arrays are under development to score all of the human chromosomes in a single experiment and to increase the resolution with which micro-deletions can be delineated...
- Monitoring signal transduction in cancer: tyrosine kinase gene expression profilingH U Weier
Life Sciences Division, E O Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, University of California, 1 Cyclotron Road, MS 74 157, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 49:673-4. 2001..Examples demonstrate how this innovative assay might help to define new markers for tumor progression and potential targets for disease intervention. (J Histochem Cytochem 49:673-674, 2001)..
- Aneuploidy involving chromosome 1 in failed-fertilized human oocytes is unrelated to maternal ageJingly Fung Weier
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
J Assist Reprod Genet 22:285-93. 2005..To study whether maternal meiotic errors in failed-fertilized oocytes involving chromosome 1 occur at frequencies similar to those involving other autosomes, and whether their frequency is affected by maternal age...
- Human cytotrophoblasts acquire aneuploidies as they differentiate to an invasive phenotypeJingly F Weier
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94143 0720, USA
Dev Biol 279:420-32. 2005..Thus, aneuploidy appears to be an important component of normal placentation, perhaps limiting the proliferative and invasive potential of cytotrophoblasts within the uterus...
- Quantitative DNA fiber mapping in genome research and construction of physical mapsHeinz Ulrich G Weier
Department of Genome Biology, Life Sciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, Berkeley, CA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 338:31-57. 2006....
- Chromosome-specific DNA repeat probesAdolf Baumgartner
Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology and Reproductive Sciences, University of California, San Francisco, California, CA 94720, USA
J Histochem Cytochem 54:1363-70. 2006....
- Independence of replisomes in Escherichia coli chromosomal replicationAdam M Breier
Graduate Group in Biophysics and Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:3942-7. 2005..We suggest an improved version of the factory model that retains the advantages of threading DNA through colocalized replisomes at about equal rates, but allows the cell flexibility to overcome obstacles encountered during elongation...
- RADIATION-INDUCED THYROID CANCERHeinz Ulrich G Weier; Fiscal Year: 2010..We expect this research to lead to improved control of PTC with regard to early disease detection and better disease management and, thus, to enhance public health services. ..
- BAC-FISH Assays for Sensitive Karyotyping of Cancer CellsHeinz Ulrich Weier; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Aneuploid Cells in the Human PlacentaHeinz Ulrich Weier; Fiscal Year: 2006..We will also have detailed information about the frequency, localization and types of aneuploid cells at the fetal-maternal interface and the effects of aneuploidy on CTB proliferation and HLA-G gene expression. ..
- RADIATION INDUCED THYROID CANCERHeinz Ulrich Weier; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will prepare stable cell lines carrying the oncogenic rearrangements for further characterization and distribution. Finally, we will examine the levels and localization of mRNAs with Northern and in situ hybridization analysis. ..