Affiliation: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Fabrication and in vitro deployment of a laser-activated shape memory polymer vascular stentGéraldine M Baer
Department of Biomedical Engineering, University of California, Davis, California 95616 USA
Biomed Eng Online 6:43. 2007..The purpose of this study was to describe the fabrication of a laser-activated SMP stent and demonstrate photothermal expansion of the stent in an in vitro artery model...
- Shape memory polymer stent with expandable foam: a new concept for endovascular embolization of fusiform aneurysmsWard Small
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 7000 East Avenue, L 211, Livermore, CA 94550 USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 54:1157-60. 2007..The shape memory polymer stent-foam device is a potential tool for treatment of nonnecked fusiform aneurysms, as well as an alternative to stent- and balloon-assisted coil embolization of wide-necked aneurysms...
- Prototype fabrication and preliminary in vitro testing of a shape memory endovascular thrombectomy deviceWard Small
Medical Physics and Biophysics Division, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 7000 East Avenue, L 211, Livermore, CA 94550, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 54:1657-66. 2007..This shape memory mechanical thrombectomy device is a promising tool for treating ischemic stroke without the need for infusion of clot-dissolving drugs...
- Fabrication and characterization of cylindrical light diffusers comprised of shape memory polymerWard Small
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 7000 East Avenue, L 211, Livermore, California 94550, USA
J Biomed Opt 13:024018. 2008..These devices are suitable for various endoluminal and interstitial biomedical applications...
- Magnetic resonance flow velocity and temperature mapping of a shape memory polymer foam deviceWard Small
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94550, USA
Biomed Eng Online 8:42. 2009....
- Prototype laser-activated shape memory polymer foam device for embolic treatment of aneurysmsDuncan J Maitland
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Applied Physics and Biophysics Division, Livermore, California 94550, USA
J Biomed Opt 12:030504. 2007..Data acquired in an in vitro basilar aneurysm model with and without flow showed successful treatment, with the flow rate affecting foam expansion and the temperature at the aneurysm wall...
- A shape memory polymer dialysis needle adapter for the reduction of hemodynamic stress within arteriovenous graftsJason M Ortega
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94551, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 54:1722-4. 2007..Both the simulations and the qualitative flow visualization measurements demonstrate that the adapter reduces the severity of the dialysis needle flow impingement on the vascular access graft...
- Inductively heated shape memory polymer for the magnetic actuation of medical devicesPatrick R Buckley
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94550, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 53:2075-83. 2006..Rapid and uniform heating was achieved in complex device geometries and particle loading up to 10% volume content did not interfere with the shape recovery of the SMP...
- Low density biodegradable shape memory polyurethane foams for embolic biomedical applicationsPooja Singhal
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 7000 East Avenue, Livermore, CA 94550, USA Department of Biomedical Engineering, 5045 Emerging Technologies Building, 3120 Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 3120, USA
Acta Biomater 10:67-76. 2014..We believe that they form a new class of low density biodegradable SMP scaffolds that can potentially be used as "smart" non-permanent implants in multiple minimally invasive biomedical applications...