Christopher V Rao
Affiliation: Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- An allosteric model for transmembrane signaling in bacterial chemotaxisChristopher V Rao
Department of Bioengineering, University of California, Berkeley, 94720, USA
J Mol Biol 343:291-303. 2004....
- Control, exploitation and tolerance of intracellular noiseChristopher V Rao
Department of Bioengineering, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
Nature 420:231-7. 2002..How can we explain the use, rejection and sensitivity to noise that is found in biological systems? An exploration of the sources and consequences of noise calls for the use of stochastic models...
- Phosphatase localization in bacterial chemotaxis: divergent mechanisms, convergent principlesChristopher V Rao
Department of Bioengineering, University of California, Berkeley, CA 94720, USA
Phys Biol 2:148-58. 2005..While specific mechanisms are different, the underlying principles of phosphatase localization in E. coli and B. subtilis appear to be the same...
- Design and diversity in bacterial chemotaxis: a comparative study in Escherichia coli and Bacillus subtilisChristopher V Rao
Department of Bioengineering, University of California, Berkeley, California, USA
PLoS Biol 2:E49. 2004..These results demonstrate the limitations of pathway inferences based solely on homology and suggest that the control strategy is an evolutionarily conserved property...
- A mathematical model for neutrophil gradient sensing and polarizationMatthew Onsum
AstraZeneca R and D Boston, Waltham, Massachusetts, United States of America
PLoS Comput Biol 3:e36. 2007..Finally, experiments are proposed to (in)validate this model and further our understanding of neutrophil chemotaxis...
- The Salmonella SPI1 type three secretion system responds to periplasmic disulfide bond status via the flagellar apparatus and the RcsCDB systemDongxia Lin
Department of Microbiology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
J Bacteriol 190:87-97. 2008..RcsCDB can also affect SPI1 independently of FliZ. All regulation is through HilD, consistent with our current model for SPI1 regulation...
- FliZ Is a posttranslational activator of FlhD4C2-dependent flagellar gene expressionSupreet Saini
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61810, USA
J Bacteriol 190:4979-88. 2008..We conclude by discussing the role of FliZ regulation with respect to flagellar biosynthesis based on our characterization of gene expression and FliZ's role in swimming and swarming motility...
- Computational design of orthogonal ribosomesLon M Chubiz
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, 600 S Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 36:4038-46. 2008..In order to test the algorithm, we experimentally characterized a number of computationally designed o-ribosomes in Escherichia coli...