Affiliation: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Virtual treatment of basilar aneurysms using shape memory polymer foamJ M Ortega
Engineering Technologies Division, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, P O Box 808, L 090, Livermore, CA 94551, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 41:725-43. 2013..The Newtonian viscosity model and the porous media model capture similar qualitative trends, though both yield a smaller volume of thrombus within the SMP foam...
- Vascular dynamics of a shape memory polymer foam aneurysm treatment techniqueJason Ortega
Engineering, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, P O Box 808, L 644, Livermore, CA 94551, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 35:1870-84. 2007..Beneath the aneurysm neck, a marked increase in the wall shear stress is observed due to the close proximity of the counter-rotating vortex tubes to the artery wall...
- A shape memory polymer dialysis needle adapter for the reduction of hemodynamic stress within arteriovenous graftsJason M Ortega
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94551, USA
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 54:1722-4. 2007..Both the simulations and the qualitative flow visualization measurements demonstrate that the adapter reduces the severity of the dialysis needle flow impingement on the vascular access graft...
- Post-treatment hemodynamics of a basilar aneurysm and bifurcationJ Ortega
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, P O Box 808, L 645, Livermore, CA 94550, USA
Ann Biomed Eng 36:1531-46. 2008....
- Convectively driven polymerase chain reaction thermal cyclerE K Wheeler
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, PO Box 808, Livermore, California 94551 0808, USA
Anal Chem 76:4011-6. 2004..Biological samples have been amplified using this novel thermal chamber. Time for amplification is less than 30 min. More importantly, an analysis of the energy consumption shows significant improvements over current technology...
- Prototype laser-activated shape memory polymer foam device for embolic treatment of aneurysmsDuncan J Maitland
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Applied Physics and Biophysics Division, Livermore, California 94550, USA
J Biomed Opt 12:030504. 2007..Data acquired in an in vitro basilar aneurysm model with and without flow showed successful treatment, with the flow rate affecting foam expansion and the temperature at the aneurysm wall...