Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Involvement of Rad51C in two distinct protein complexes of Rad51 paralogs in human cellsNan Liu
Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, L441, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, PO Box 808, Livermore, CA 94551 0808, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 30:1009-15. 2002..These complexes may act as functional units and serve accessory roles for Rad51 in the presynapsis stage of homologous recombinational repair...
- Differential roles of XRCC2 in homologous recombinational repair of stalled replication forksNan Liu
Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94551, USA
J Cell Biochem 95:942-54. 2005..Our data suggest that there are at least two sub-pathways in homologous recombination, XRCC2-dependent and -independent, for repair of stalled replication forks and assembly of RAD51 foci following replication arrest in S-phase...
- Identification of a nuclear localization signal in OCT4 and generation of a dominant negative mutant by its ablationGuangjin Pan
Institute of Pharmacology and State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
J Biol Chem 279:37013-20. 2004..These data suggest that this dominant negative form of OCT4 may be a useful tool for modulating the activity of OCT4 in pluripotent cells such as embryonic stem cells to achieve the desired cell types for therapeutic applications...
- Nuclear localization of the phosphatidylserine receptor protein via multiple nuclear localization signalsPing Cui
Institute of Pharmacology, State Key Laboratory of Biomembrane and Membrane Biotechnology, Department of Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Exp Cell Res 293:154-63. 2004..Finally, multiple nuclear localization signals were identified in PSR sequence, each capable of targeting GFP to the nuclei. Together, these results suggest that PSR may serve a dual role both on the cell surface and in the nuclei...
- A new role for microRNA pathways: modulation of degeneration induced by pathogenic human disease proteinsJulide Bilen
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cell Cycle 5:2835-8. 2006..These studies provide the foundation to define the miRNAs involved in neurodegenerative disease, and the biological pathways affected...
- Molecular construction and characterization of a novel exotoxin fusion protein that selectively blocks the B7:CD28 costimulatory signal systemYongzhi Xi
Department of Immunology and National Center for Biomedicine Analysis, Beijing 307 Hospital, Affiliated to Academy of Medical Sciences, no 8, Dongda Avenue, Fengtai District, Beijing 100071, PR China
J Immunother 29:586-95. 2006....
- MicroRNA pathways modulate polyglutamine-induced neurodegenerationJulide Bilen
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cell 24:157-63. 2006..These findings indicate that miRNA pathways dramatically modulate polyQ- and tau-induced neurodegeneration, providing the foundation for new insight into therapeutics...
- [An unusual recombination event occurring between HLA-B and -Cw loci within a Chinese Han family]Yuan Luo
Department of Immunology, Hospital Affiliated to the Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Laboratory of Immunoassay, National Center of Biomedical Analysis, Beijing 100071, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 86:628-31. 2006..To investigate the recombination event occurring between HLA-B and -Cw loci discovered in a family of Chinese Han nationality with an acute myeloid leukemia (AML) patient...
- [Establishment of purification procedure for recombinant fusion protein B7-2-PE40KDEL]Hai Rong Guan
Department of Immunology, Hospital Affiliated to Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Laboratory of Immunoassay, National Center of Biomedical Analysis, Beijing 100071, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 14:123-7. 2006..It is concluded that a high efficient and speedy three-step purification procedure for the purifying recombinant protein B7-2-PE40KDEL was established, and this procedure possess selective killing activity on CD28 positive T lymphocytes...
- [Molecular design and construction of IL6D24-PE40KDEL, a novel recombinant interleukin6-pseudomonas exotoxin fusion protein, having targeted cytotoxicity for leukemias expressing interleukin6 receptors]Li yan Zheng
Department of Immunology, Affiliated Hospital for Academy of Military Medical Sciences, National Center of Biomedical Analysis Lab of Immunoassay, Beijing 100039, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 83:1246-50. 2003..A novel recombinant interleukin6-Pseudomonas exotoxin fusion protein, having targeted cytotoxicity for leukemic cells highly expressing IL6R has been molecularly designed and constructed in this study...
- [Biochemical and physical properties for a recombinant IL6 Pseudomonas exotoxin fusion protein IL6D24-PE40KDEL]Jian wu Cui
Department of Immunology, Affiliated Hospital of Academy of Military Medical Sciences, Beijing, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 12:825-8. 2004..A novel protein by Peptident database in EXPASY web site was identified. In conclusion, IL6D24-PE40KDEL is a new targeting protein with bioactivity of specific killing effect...
- Ser/Arg-rich protein-mediated communication between U1 and U2 small nuclear ribonucleoprotein particlesLisa A Boukis
Center for RNA Molecular Biology, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Biol Chem 279:29647-53. 2004..These results demonstrate that SR proteins are required for communication between U1 and U2 snRNPs whether this interaction is across introns or exons...
- Genetic basis of flocculation phenotype conversion in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeNan Liu
The Laboratory of Molecular Genetics and Breeding of Yeasts, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
FEMS Yeast Res 7:1362-70. 2007..Genetic variability triggered by tandem repeats in FLO1 gene is believed to be responsible for the differential phenotypic properties of the yeast strains YTS-S and YTS-L...
- BIOLOGICAL FUNCTION OF XRCC2 IN RECOMBINATIONAL REPAIRNan Liu; Fiscal Year: 2003..This study will lead to a better understanding of the role of XRCC2 in mammalian HRR and the importance of this pathway in maintaining chromosomal stability. ..