Jay W Dawson
Affiliation: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Analysis of the scalability of diffraction-limited fiber lasers and amplifiers to high average powerJay W Dawson
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94551, USA
Opt Express 16:13240-66. 2008..However, limits to the scaling of the MFD may restrict fiber lasers to lower output powers...
- Field-flattened, ring-like propagation modesMichael J Messerly
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, L 491, PO Box 808, Livermore, California 94551, USA
Opt Express 21:12683-98. 2013..The approach provides a path to fibers that have simultaneously large mode areas and large separations between the propagation constants of their modes...
- Mode-converters for rectangular-core fiber amplifiers to achieve diffraction-limited power scalingArun Kumar Sridharan
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 7000 East Avenue, Livermore, CA 94550, USA
Opt Express 20:28792-800. 2012..We also demonstrate a mode-converter system that converts a single HOM of a ribbon fiber back to a diffraction-limited TEM(00) mode. Conversion efficiency is a record 80.5%...
- High-gain photonic crystal fiber regenerative amplifierArun Kumar Sridharan
NIF and Photon Science Directorate, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94551, USA
Opt Lett 34:608-10. 2009..At 8.6 W of input pump power, the amplified output pulse energy is 157 microJ, yielding a gain of 69 dB. To our knowledge, this is the highest gain achieved in a fiber-based regenerative amplifier to date at any wavelength...
- Mode conversion in rectangular-core optical fibersAmber L Bullington
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, L 592, P O Box 808, Livermore, California 94551, USA
Appl Opt 51:84-8. 2012..Propagation of a higher-order mode in a rectangular-core fiber allows for better thermal management and bend-loss immunity than conventional circular-core fibers, extending the power-handling capabilities of optical fibers...
- Widely tunable 11 GHz femtosecond fiber laser based on a nonmode-locked sourceMatthew A Prantil
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94550, USA
Opt Lett 38:3216-8. 2013..8 and 3.2 nJ, respectively. Micropulse durations of 850 fs are demonstrated. Extensions to shorter duration are discussed...
- Patterned flattened modesMichael J Messerly
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94551, USA
Opt Lett 38:3329-32. 2013..Patterning provides a new and potentially valuable waveguide design tool that may lead to higher-power transport and laser fibers. ..