L Michelle Bennett
Affiliation: Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Identification of mammary carcinogens in rodent bioassaysL Michelle Bennett
Genetics of Cancer Group, Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94551, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 39:150-7. 2002..More information is needed on the effects of chemicals to which humans are exposed and the manner by which they influence breast cancer risks...
- PhIP carcinogenicity in breast cancer: computational and experimental evidence for competitive interactions with human estrogen receptorBrian J Bennion
Biosciences Directorate, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, 7000 East Avenue, Livermore, California 94551, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 18:1528-36. 2005..We propose that the mechanism for the tissue-specific carcinogenicity seen in the rat breast tumors and the presumptive human breast cancer associated with the consumption of well-done meat maybe mediated by this receptor activation...
- Impact of environmental exposures on the mutagenicity/carcinogenicity of heterocyclic aminesJames S Felton
Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, L 452, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94551, USA
Toxicology 198:135-45. 2004..Numerous environmental chemicals found in food or the atmosphere can impact the exposure, metabolism, and cell proliferation response of heterocyclic amines...
- Essiac and Flor-Essence herbal tonics stimulate the in vitro growth of human breast cancer cellsKristen S Kulp
Biosciences Directorate, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, CA 94550, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 98:249-59. 2006..In this study, we evaluated Flor-Essence and Essiac for their effects on the growth of human tumor cells in culture...
- Flor-Essence herbal tonic does not inhibit mammary tumor development in Sprague Dawley ratsL Michelle Bennett
Center for Cancer Research, NCI, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20852, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 88:87-93. 2004..Flor-Essence tonic is a complex mixture of herbal extracts used by cancer patients because of anecdotal evidence that it can treat or prevent disease...
- Cancer susceptibility of mice with a homozygous deletion in the COOH-terminal domain of the Brca2 geneKimberly A McAllister
Laboratory of Women s Health, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Cancer Res 62:990-4. 2002..Given their substantial viability and cancer predisposition, these mutant mice will be useful to further define the role of the COOH-terminal Brca2 domain in tumorigenesis both in vivo and in vitro...
- The partnership between breast cancer advocates and scientistsJanice H Platner
National Breast Cancer Coalition, Washington, DC 20036, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 39:102-7. 2002..Breast cancer advocates trained by NBCC have partnered with the scientific community and individual scientists to improve the peer review, design, and implementation of breast cancer research...
- Pregnancy and protection from hormonally associated tumor developmentJ Carl Barrett
Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Epidemiology 14:139-40. 2003