- Effectiveness of accelerated perioperative care and rehabilitation intervention compared to current intervention after hip and knee arthroplasty. A before-after trial of 247 patients with a 3-month follow-upKristian Larsen
Orthopedic Research Unit, Regional Hospital Holstebro, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 9:59. 2008....
- Accelerated perioperative care and rehabilitation intervention for hip and knee replacement is effective: a randomized clinical trial involving 87 patients with 3 months of follow-upKristian Larsen
The Musculoskeletal Research Unit, Department of Orthopedics, Holstebro Regional Hospital, Holstebro, Denmark
Acta Orthop 79:149-59. 2008..We therefore performed an efficacy study of an accelerated perioperative care and rehabilitation intervention in patients receiving primary total hip replacement, and both total and unicompartmental knee replacement...
- Hip arthroplasty patients benefit from accelerated perioperative care and rehabilitation: a quasi-experimental study of 98 patientsKristian Larsen
Department of Orthopedic Research Unit, Holstebro Regional Hospital, Holstebro, Denmark
Acta Orthop 79:624-30. 2008....
- Cost-effectiveness of accelerated perioperative care and rehabilitation after total hip and knee arthroplastyKristian Larsen
Orthopedic Research Unit, Orthopedic Department, Regional Hospital Holstebro, Laegaardvej, 7500 Holstebro, Denmark
J Bone Joint Surg Am 91:761-72. 2009..We compared the cost-effectiveness of an accelerated perioperative care and rehabilitation protocol with that of a more standard protocol for patients treated with total hip and knee arthroplasty...
- Coping and back problems: a prospective observational study of Danish military recruitsKristian Larsen
The Musculoskeletal Research Unit, Orthopaedic Department, Ringkøbing County, Holstebro Hospital, Holstebro, Denmark
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 29:619-25. 2006....
- The Bournemouth Questionnaire: can it be used to monitor and predict treatment outcome in chiropractic patients with persistent low back pain?Kristian Larsen
The Musculoskeletal Research Unit, Orthopedic Department, Denmark
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 28:219-27. 2005..To investigate the Bournemouth Questionnaire (BQ) as a baseline, monitoring of progress, and prognostic instrument in chiropractic patients with persistent low back pain (LBP)...
- Patient-reported outcome after fast-track knee arthroplastyKristian Larsen
The Orthopaedic Research Unit, Department of Orthopedics, Holstebro Regional Hospital, Hospital Unit West, Holstebro, Denmark
Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 20:1128-35. 2012....
- Reliability and validity of the Danish version of the disabilities of arm, shoulder, and hand questionnaire in patients with fractured wristsJesper O Schønnemann
Orthopedic Research Unit, Hospital Unit West, Holstebro, Denmark
J Plast Surg Hand Surg 45:35-9. 2011..64 and 0.65 respectively, indicating that results confirmed other similar scores. We conclude that the Danish version of the 30-item DASH questionnaire is valid and practical for patients with fractured wrists...
- Patient-reported outcome after fast-track hip arthroplasty: a prospective cohort studyKristian Larsen
Orthopaedic Research Unit, Department of Orthopedics, Holstebro Regional Hospital, Hospital Unit West, Denmark
Health Qual Life Outcomes 8:144. 2010..The purpose of this study was to describe patient-related outcomes, the need for additional rehabilitation after a fast-track total hip arthroplasty (THA), and the association between generic and disease specific outcomes...
- Preoperative physical optimization in fast-track hip and knee arthroplastyTorben Bæk Hansen
Ortopædkirurgisk Forskningsenhed, Regionshospitalet Holstebro, 7500 Holstebro, Denmark
Dan Med J 59:A4381. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate if screening and optimization of risk patients combined with a motivational conversation is effective in reducing complications in patients scheduled for a fast-track hip and knee arthroplasty...
- A prospective study of prognostic factors for duration of sick leave after endoscopic carpal tunnel releaseTorben Baek Hansen
Department of Orthopaedics, Section of Hand Surgery, Regional Hospital Holstebro, Laegaardvej 12, DK 7500 Holstebro, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 10:144. 2009....
- This is the closest I have come to being compared to a doctor: views of medical students on clinical clerkship in an Interprofessional Training UnitFlemming Jakobsen
Orthopaedic Research Unit, Holstebro Regional Hospital, Laegaardvej 12, Indgang, Holstebro, Denmark
Med Teach 32:e399-406. 2010..Nursing, occupational therapy and physiotherapy students were in the ITU for its first 2 years and in 2006, medical students joined in. The students in collaboration run a ward with eight beds under the supervision of trained personnel...
- The final follow-up plain radiograph is sufficient for clinical evaluation of polyethylene wear in total hip arthroplasty. A study of validity and reliabilityMaiken Stilling
Department of Orthopedics, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Acta Orthop 81:570-8. 2010..We evaluated the agreement between PE wear measured with PolyWare software, which uses plain radiographs, and by model-based RSA, which uses stereo radiographs...
- The Nordic back pain subpopulation program: can patient reactions to the first chiropractic treatment predict early favorable treatment outcome in nonpersistent low back pain?Iben Axen
Medical Research Unit, Ringkjøbing County, Denmark
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 28:153-8. 2005..To investigate whether 3 distinct patterns of reactions to chiropractic care can predict early favorable treatment outcome in patients with nonpersistent low back pain (LBP)...
- Coping and back problems: analysis of multiple data sources on an entire cross-sectional cohort of Swedish military recruitsCharlotte Leboeuf-Yde
The Back Research Center, Part of Clinical Locomotion Science, University of Southern Denmark, Lindevej 5, DK 5750 Ringe, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 7:39. 2006..The two outcome variables were back problems and ill health. In particular, we wanted to determine whether controlling for coping would affect the associations between the other four independent variables and the two outcome variables...
- The Nordic Back Pain Subpopulation Program: validation and improvement of a predictive model for treatment outcome in patients with low back pain receiving chiropractic treatmentIben Axen
fThe Medical Research Unit in Ringkjøbing County, Denmark
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 28:381-5. 2005..The aim of this study was to develop a predictive model for treatment outcome in patients with low back pain (LBP) receiving chiropractic treatment...
- The Nordic back pain subpopulation program: a 1-year prospective multicenter study of outcomes of persistent low-back pain in chiropractic patientsCharlotte Leboeuf-Yde
Medical Research Unit in Ringkøbing County, Ringkøbing, Denmark
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 28:90-6. 2005....
- Low back pain in military recruits in relation to social background and previous low back pain. A cross-sectional and prospective observational surveyLise Hestbaek
The Back Research Center, University of Southern Denmark and Hospital of Fynen, Lindevej 5, 5750 Ringe, Denmark
BMC Musculoskelet Disord 6:25. 2005..This study focuses on the importance of social background factors and previous low back pain in the development of low back pain in military recruits...
- Embodied dispositions or experience? Identifying new patterns of professional competenceVibeke Rischel
Copenhagen University Hospital, Copenhagen, Denmark
J Adv Nurs 61:512-21. 2008..This paper is a report of a study to explore nurses' competence as revealed during an admission assessment...
- Can passive prone extensions of the back prevent back problems? A randomized, controlled intervention trial of 314 military conscriptsKristian Larsen
Medical Research Unit in Ringkjøbing County, Denmark
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 27:2747-52. 2002..Back schools may be effective in treating back problems, but there is conflicting evidence of the effect on prevention...
- Danish research-active clinical nurses overcome barriers in research utilizationLis Adamsen
The University Hospitals Centre for Nursing and Care Research, Rigshospitalet, Department 7331, Copenhagen, Denmark
Scand J Caring Sci 17:57-65. 2003..A further aim was to identify the most significant barriers faced by a group of Danish clinical nurses in their use of research...
- Moving forward in a role as a researcher: the effect of a research method course on nurses' research activityLis Adamsen
University Hospital Centre for Nursing and Care Research, Copenhagen O, Denmark
J Clin Nurs 12:442-50. 2003....
- [Learning of house officers: from studies to practice]Ann-Helen Henriksen
H:S Postgraduate Medicinske Institut, H:S Bispebjerg Hospital,
Ugeskr Laeger 165:3410-3. 2003
- The nordic back pain subpopulation program: demographic and clinical predictors for outcome in patients receiving chiropractic treatment for persistent low back painCharlotte Leboeuf-Yde
The Medical Research Unit in Ringkøbing County, Ringkøbing, Denmark
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 27:493-502. 2004..To identify demographic and clinic-related predictors for successful outcome in patients with persistent low-back pain who received chiropractic treatment...
- The Nordic back pain subpopulation program: the long-term outcome pattern in patients with low back pain treated by chiropractors in SwedenCharlotte Leboeuf-Yde
The Back Research Center, Backcenter Funen and University of Southern Denmark, DK 5750 Ringe, Denmark
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 28:472-8. 2005....
- Difficulties in avoiding exposure to allergens in cosmeticsEline Noiesen
National Allergy Research Centre, Copenhagen University Hospital Gentofte, 2820 Gentofte, Denmark
Contact Dermatitis 57:105-9. 2007..Reading of ingredient labels is a major problem for patients with contact allergy to allergens in consumer products. It is a general problem for all patients and not restricted to a small group with multiple allergies...
- One-year follow-up comparison of the effectiveness of McKenzie treatment and strengthening training for patients with chronic low back pain: outcome and prognostic factorsTom Petersen
Back Center of Copenhagen, Copenhagen, Denmark
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 32:2948-56. 2007..A randomized controlled trial with multivariable analyses of prognostic factors...
- Can custom-made biomechanic shoe orthoses prevent problems in the back and lower extremities? A randomized, controlled intervention trial of 146 military conscriptsKristian Larsen
Researcher, The Medical Research Unit, Ringkjøbing County, Ringkjøbing, Denmark
J Manipulative Physiol Ther 25:326-31. 2002..One review concludes that the former is clinically effective in relation to prevention, whereas the latter has been tested in only 1 randomized clinical trial, concluding that stress fractures could be prevented...