William E M Lands
- Diets could prevent many diseasesWilliam E M Lands
Lipids 38:317-21. 2003....
- Learning how membrane fatty acids affect cardiovascular integrityWilliam E M Lands
J Membr Biol 206:75-83. 2005
- Healthy intakes of n-3 and n-6 fatty acids: estimations considering worldwide diversityJoseph R Hibbeln
Laboratory of Membrane Biochemistry and Biophysics and the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892 2088, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 83:1483S-1493S. 2006....
- Planning primary prevention of coronary diseaseBill Lands
Curr Atheroscler Rep 11:272-80. 2009....
- Using 3-6 differences in essential fatty acids rather than 3/6 ratios gives useful food balance scoresBill Lands
Retired, Fellow of ASN, 6100 Westchester Park Drive, apt, 1219, College Park, MD, 20740, USA
Nutr Metab (Lond) 9:46. 2012..abstract:..
- Prevent the cause, not just the symptomsBill Lands
Prostaglandins Other Lipid Mediat 96:90-3. 2011..We now have low-cost tools for individuals to monitor their balance of omega-3 and omega-6 hormone precursors and to identify and choose foods that will maintain a desired balance and a desired quality of life...
- False profits and silent partners in health careBill Lands
Nutr Health 20:79-89. 2009..Many financial losses will likely be decreased by primary prevention advice to choose foods that increase intakes of omega-3 fats, decrease intakes of omega-6 fats and include fewer calories per meal...
- A critique of paradoxes in current advice on dietary lipidsBill Lands
6100 Westchester Park Drive, 1219, College Park, MD 20740 USA
Prog Lipid Res 47:77-106. 2008..The overall evidence accumulated about diet, disease and death may be nearing a paradigm shift in which prior observed facts remain while beliefs about their accepted interpretation change...
- Dietary fat and health: the evidence and the politics of prevention: careful use of dietary fats can improve life and prevent diseaseWilliam E M Lands
College Park MD 20740 USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1055:179-92. 2005..An empirical diet-tissue relationship was developed and put into an interactive personalized software program to aid informed food choices...
- Primary prevention in cardiovascular disease: moving out of the shadows of the truth about deathW E Lands
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 13:154-64. 2003..This review identifies deficits in current educational efforts for the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease...