Affiliation: La Jolla Institute for Molecular Medicine
- A simple method for measuring interstitial fluid pressure in cancer tissuesUgur Ozerdem
La Jolla Institute for Molecular Medicine, 4570 Executive Drive, Suite 100, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Microvasc Res 70:116-20. 2005..Knocking out NG2 proteoglycan on vasculogenic and angiogenic pericytes reduced interstitial fluid pressure in melanoma from +4.9 cm H2O to -0.4 cm H2O (P=0.0054 Mann-Whitney U test)...
- Targeting pericytes diminishes neovascularization in orthotopic uveal melanoma in nerve/glial antigen 2 proteoglycan knockout mouseUgur Ozerdem
La Jolla Institute for Molecular Medicine, San Diego, Calif, USA
Ophthalmic Res 38:251-4. 2006..Inhibition of pericytes through NG2 proteoglycan decreased neovascularization and tumor end volume, rendering pericytes and NG2 proteoglycan potential cellular and molecular therapeutic targets in uveal melanoma...
- Targeting of pericytes diminishes neovascularization and lymphangiogenesis in prostate cancerUgur Ozerdem
La Jolla Institute for Molecular Medicine, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Prostate 66:294-304. 2006..The walls of capillaries in prostate cancer are composed of endothelial cells, and pericytes. NG2 is a transmembrane proteoglycan on nascent pericytes with a functional role in neovascularization...
- Contribution of bone marrow-derived pericyte precursor cells to corneal vasculogenesisUgur Ozerdem
La Jolla Institute for Molecular Medicine, CA 92121, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:3502-6. 2005..In this investigation, multichannel laser scanning confocal microscopy and quantitative image analysis were used to study the fate of BM-derived hematopoietic precursor cells in corneal neovascularization...
- Early contribution of pericytes to angiogenic sprouting and tube formationUgur Ozerdem
La Jolla Institute for Molecular Medicine, Vascular Biology Division, 4570 Executive Drive, Suite 100, La Jolla, CA 92121, USA
Angiogenesis 6:241-9. 2003..The ability to study these precocious contributions of pericytes to neovascularization depends heavily on the use of NG2 and PDGF beta -receptor as reliable early markers for activated pericytes...
- Pathological angiogenesis is reduced by targeting pericytes via the NG2 proteoglycanUgur Ozerdem
La Jolla Institute for Molecular Medicine, Vascular Biology Division, La Jolla, California, USA
Angiogenesis 7:269-76. 2004..These experiments therefore demonstrate both the functional importance of NG2 in pericyte development and the feasibility of using pericytes as anti-angiogenic targets...
- Targeting neovascular pericytes in neurofibromatosis type 1Ugur Ozerdem
Vascular Biology Division, La Jolla Institute for Molecular Medicine, 4570 Executive Drive, Suite 100, San Diego, California, 92121, USA
Angiogenesis 7:307-11. 2004..Angiogenesis is accelerated in NF1 due to hyperproliferation of pericytes and endothelial cells. Mitotically activated NG2-positive pericytes, and endothelial cells may serve as potential therapeutic targets in NF1...
- NG2 proteoglycan expression by pericytes in pathological microvasculatureUgur Ozerdem
Cancer Research Center, Burnham Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Microvasc Res 63:129-34. 2002
- Plastic casting of embryonic, placental, and tumor vasculature in the mouseUgur Ozerdem
Cancer Research Center, The Burnham Institute, 10901 North Torrey Pines Road, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Microvasc Res 64:486-90. 2002
- Reversal of cellular roles in angiogenesis: implications for anti-angiogenic therapyDaniela Virgintino
La Jolla Institute for Molecular Medicine, San Diego, Calif, USA
J Vasc Res 45:129-31. 2008
- The effect of prinomastat (AG3340), a synthetic inhibitor of matrix metalloproteinases, on uveal melanoma rabbit modelUgur Ozerdem
Shiley Eye Center, University of California San Diego, 9415 Campus Point Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0946, USA
Curr Eye Res 24:86-91. 2002..9% in vehicle-treated eyes (p = 0.003). CONCLUSIONS: These results suggest that prinomastat treatment significantly reduces the take rate and the growth rate of xenograft in uveal melanoma rabbit model...
- A simple nonmydriatic self-retinal imaging procedure using a Kowa Genesis-D hand-held digital fundus cameraUgur Ozerdem
La Jolla Bioengineering Institute, La Jolla, Calif 92037, USA
Ophthalmic Res 42:125-7. 2009..This simple technique will be useful to clinical physiologists conducting microgravity research, as well as for the studies of high-altitude medicine and aviation physiology...
- Effect of anti-cytomegalovirus therapy on the incidence of immune recovery uveitis in AIDS patients with healed cytomegalovirus retinitisMi-Kyoung Song
Department of Ophthalmology, Shiley Eye Center, University of California San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093-0946, USA
Am J Ophthalmol 136:696-702. 2003..Ongoing treatment of healed CMV retinitis after immune recovery does not appear to protect against the development of immune recovery uveitis...
- Measuring interstitial fluid pressure with fiberoptic pressure transducersUgur Ozerdem
La Jolla Bioengineering Institute, 505 Coast Boulevard, South Suite 406, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Microvasc Res 77:226-9. 2009....
- Adult bone marrow-derived cells recruited during angiogenesis comprise precursors for periendothelial vascular mural cellsIiro Rajantie
Institute of Biomedicine, Biomedicum Helsinki, University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland
Blood 104:2084-6. 2004..Thus, the major contribution of the BM to angiogenic processes is not endothelial, but may come from progenitors for periendothelial vascular mural and hematopoietic effector cells...
- A molecular mimic demonstrates that phosphorylated human prolactin is a potent anti-angiogenic hormoneEric Ueda
Division of Biomedical Sciences, University of California, Riverside, CA 92521, USA
Endocr Relat Cancer 13:95-111. 2006..These findings suggest that circulating levels of phosphorylated PRL may influence the progression of cancer and, furthermore, that S179D PRL may be a useful anti-angiogenic therapeutic...
- Ultrastructure of islet microcirculation, pericytes and the islet exocrine interface in the HIP rat model of diabetesMelvin R Hayden
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Missouri School of Medicine, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 233:1109-23. 2008..The transgenic human islet amyloid polypeptide (HIP) rat model of type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) parallels the functional and structural changes in human islets with T2DM...
- PERICYTES IN ANGIOGENESIS IN NEUROFIBROMATOSIS TYPE 1Ugur Ozerdem; Fiscal Year: 2003..3) The investigators will examine the effect of the NF1-/- and NF1-/+ genotypes on microvascularization in embryonic development. The ability of NG2 ablation to rescue micro and macrovascular defects will be determined. ..
- Targeting Vasculogenesis and Interstitial Hypertension in Neurofibromatosis Type1Ugur Ozerdem; Fiscal Year: 2007....