Affiliation: La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology
- How viral infections affect the autoimmune process leading to type 1 diabetesChristophe Filippi
La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, 10355 Science Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Cell Immunol 233:125-32. 2005....
- Islet beta-cell death - fuel to sustain autoimmunity?Christophe M Filippi
La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, 9420 Athena Circle, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Immunity 27:183-5. 2007..2007) find that secondary necrosis of beta-cells can prime the autoimmune response via uptake by and activation of antigen-presenting cells through Toll-like receptor 2...
- Immunoregulatory mechanisms triggered by viral infections protect from type 1 diabetes in miceChristophe M Filippi
La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Clin Invest 119:1515-23. 2009..Our results provide what we believe to be novel mechanistic insight into the role of viruses in T1D and should be valuable for prospective studies in humans...
- 99th Dahlem conference on infection, inflammation and chronic inflammatory disorders: viruses, autoimmunity and immunoregulationC M Filippi
La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, La Jolla, CA, USA
Clin Exp Immunol 160:113-9. 2010..Induction of immunoregulatory mechanisms, and in particular the phenotype and function of T(regs), is of interest therapeutically and will be discussed...
- Direct infection of dendritic cells during chronic viral infection suppresses antiviral T cell proliferation and induces IL-10 expression in CD4 T cellsCarmen Baca Jones
Type 1 Diabetes Center, Developmental Immunology, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, La Jolla, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e90855. 2014....
- Antigen-specific induction of regulatory T cells for type 1 diabetes therapyChristophe Filippi
La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Int Rev Immunol 24:341-60. 2005....