- Clinical utility of the Primary Care--PTSD Screen among U.S. veterans who served since September 11, 2001Patrick S Calhoun
VA Mid Atlantic Region Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center MIRECC, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Psychiatry Res 178:330-5. 2010..Within primary care settings, the PC-PTSD may be most advantageously employed in the context of staged screening, given the measure's relative susceptibility to false positives...
- Identifying and treating post deployment mental health problems among new combat veteransHarold Kudler
Department of Veterans Affairs Mid Atlantic Mental Illness Research, Education, 508 Fulton Street, Durham, NC 27705, USA
N C Med J 69:39-42. 2008
- Initiatives to improve access to behavioral health services in the Veterans Affairs Health SystemHarold Kudler
VISN 6 Mid Atlantic Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Durham VA Medical Center, 508 Fulton St, Durham, NC 27705, USA
N C Med J 72:40-2. 2011..We review significant recent initiatives to improve access to behavioral health services in the VA health system...
- Behavioral health conditions among military personnel and veterans: prevalence and best practices for treatmentMira Brancu
VISN 6 Registry Project, Mid Atlantic Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Durham VA Medical Center, 508 Fulton St, Durham, NC 27705, USA
N C Med J 72:54-60. 2011..We present the national and regional prevalence of the most-common behavioral health problems experienced by Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation Iraqi Freedom veterans and offer resources for best practices for treatment...
- The need for psychodynamic principles in outreach to new combat veterans and their familiesHarold Kudler
Mental Health Service Line, Veterans Integrated Service Network, VA Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Am Acad Psychoanal Dyn Psychiatry 35:39-50. 2007..This approach carries with it the potential to reorient and revitalize the theory and practice of psychiatry...
- Hazardous alcohol use and receipt of risk-reduction counseling among U.S. veterans of the wars in Iraq and AfghanistanPatrick S Calhoun
Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center 116B DVAMC, 508 Fulton Street, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 69:1686-93. 2008..S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) health care. This study examined the prevalence of hazardous alcohol use among OEF/OIF veterans and the incidence of alcohol risk-reduction counseling offered by VA providers...
- Surveying Treatment Preferences in U.S. Iraq-Afghanistan Veterans With PTSD Symptoms: A Step Toward Veteran-Centered CareEric F Crawford
VA Mid Atlantic Region Mental Illness Research, Education and Clinical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA Duke University Medical Center, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Trauma Stress 28:118-26. 2015..Finally, the study suggested that outreach about privacy protections and treatment options could well improve engagement in treatment. ..
- Chronic stress and adaptationHarold Kudler
Am J Psychiatry 163:552-3; author reply 553. 2006