Affiliation: Kronos Longevity Research Institute
- Oxidative stress in older adults: effects of physical fitnessTINNA TRAUSTADOTTIR
Kronos Longevity Research Institute, 2222 E Highland Ave, Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA
Age (Dordr) 34:969-82. 2012..These data suggest that reduced oxidative stress associated with physical fitness results from differences in activity of antioxidant enzymes...
- The HPA axis response to stress in women: effects of aging and fitnessTINNA TRAUSTADOTTIR
Department of Kinesiology, Stress and Neuroendocrine Research Center, Exercise and Sport Research Institute, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 0404, USA
Psychoneuroendocrinology 30:392-402. 2005..These findings suggest that exercise training may be an effective way of modifying some of the neuroendocrine changes associated with aging...
- High-dose statin use does not impair aerobic capacity or skeletal muscle function in older adultsTINNA TRAUSTADOTTIR
Kronos Longevity Research Institute, 2390 E Camelback Rd, Suite 440, Phoenix, AZ 85016, USA
Age (Dordr) 30:283-91. 2008....
- Tart cherry juice decreases oxidative stress in healthy older men and womenTINNA TRAUSTADOTTIR
Kronos Longevity Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ, USA
J Nutr 139:1896-900. 2009..These data suggest that consumption of tart cherry juice improves antioxidant defenses in vivo in older adults as shown by an increased capacity to constrain an oxidative challenge and reduced oxidative damage to nucleic acids...
- Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis response and recovery from high-intensity exercise in women: effects of aging and fitnessTINNA TRAUSTADOTTIR
Stress and Neuroendocrine Research Center, Exercise and Sport Research Institute, Department of Kinesiology, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287 0404, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:3248-54. 2004..05), suggesting greater adrenal sensitivity to ACTH. These results suggest that aging is associated with changes in the dynamic function of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and that these changes are attenuated by aerobic fitness...
- Cardiovascular risk factors associated with insulin resistance in children persist into late adolescencePeter D Reaven
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Carl T Hayden Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Diabetes Care 28:148-50. 2005