T J Marcell
Affiliation: Kronos Longevity Research Institute
- Comparison of GH, IGF-I, and testosterone with mRNA of receptors and myostatin in skeletal muscle in older menT J Marcell
Intramural Research Program, National Institute on Aging, National Institutes of Health, Maryland, USA
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 281:E1159-64. 2001....
- Longitudinal analysis of lactate threshold in male and female master athletesTaylor J Marcell
Kronos Longevity Research Institute, Phoenix, AZ 85018, USA
Med Sci Sports Exerc 35:810-7. 2003..We evaluated the cross-sectional and longitudinal changes in LT with age and compared the changes in LT with changes in performance variables...
- Sarcopenia: causes, consequences, and preventionsTaylor J Marcell
Kronos Longevity Research Institute, Phoenix, Arizona 85016, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 58:M911-6. 2003..However, even those individuals who maintain their fitness through exercise do not appear to be immune to sarcopenia...
- Exercise and the master athlete--a model of successful aging?Steven A Hawkins
Department of Kinesiology and Nutritional Science, California State University, Los Angeles 90032, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 58:1009-11. 2003..This article reviews the existing evidence concerning the influence of chronic exercise on body composition and skeletal muscle mass, and proposes areas that remain unstudied...
- Endurance exercise and leg strength in older womenKyle M Tarpenning
School of Human Movement Studies, Charles Sturt University, Bathurst NSW, Australia
J Aging Phys Act 14:3-11. 2006..05) but did not change differently among runners and sedentary women. These findings suggest that chronic endurance training might not influence the loss of muscle mass and muscle strength that occur with aging...
- Exercise training is not associated with improved levels of C-reactive protein or adiponectinTaylor J Marcell
School of Human Performance and Recreation, University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg 39406 001, USA
Metabolism 54:533-41. 2005..Moreover, improvements in insulin sensitivity resulting from exercise or modest weight loss did not appear to be related to changes in these markers...
- Chronic exercise and skeletal muscle power in older menHans C Dreyer
Department of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA 90032, USA
Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 31:190-5. 2006..Endurance exercise may inhibit the ability of resistance exercise to positively influence skeletal muscle power...