- Menu labeling regulations and calories purchased at chain restaurantsJames W Krieger
Public Health Department of Seattle and King County, Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Section, 401 5th Avenue, Suite 900, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Am J Prev Med 44:595-604. 2013..The federal menu labeling law will require chain restaurants to post caloric information on menus, but the impact of labeling is uncertain...
- Housing interventions and control of asthma-related indoor biologic agents: a review of the evidenceJames Krieger
Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Section, Public Health Seattle and King County, Seattle, Washington 98104, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 16:S11-20. 2010..The 3 interventions with sufficient evidence all applied multiple, integrated strategies. This evidence review shows that selected interventions that improve housing conditions will reduce morbidity from asthma and respiratory allergies...
- High point walking for health: creating built and social environments that support walking in a public housing communityJames Krieger
Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention Section, Public Health Seattle and King County, Chinook Building, Suite 900, 401 5th Ave, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Am J Public Health 99:S593-9. 2009..We implemented and evaluated multiple interventions to increase walking activity at a multicultural public housing site...
- A randomized controlled trial of asthma self-management support comparing clinic-based nurses and in-home community health workers: the Seattle-King County Healthy Homes II ProjectJames Krieger
University of Washington School of Medicine and School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Seattle, WA 98104, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 163:141-9. 2009..To compare the marginal benefit of in-home asthma self-management support provided by community health workers (CHWs) with standard asthma education from clinic-based nurses...
- Using a participatory approach to provide assistance to community-based organizations: the Seattle Partners Community Research CenterAllen Cheadle
University of Washington, School of Public Health and Community Medicine, Seattle, USA
Health Educ Behav 29:383-94. 2002..The Discussion section draws from the CRC experience to examine the benefits and challenges of collaboration and the trade-off between capacity building and providing direct technical assistance in promoting long-term CBO viability...
- Be active together: supporting physical activity in public housing communities through women-only programsLuiza G Marinescu
Public Health Seattle and King County, USA
Prog Community Health Partnersh 7:57-66. 2013..In public housing communities, both built and social environments are key factors that impact residents' physical activity levels...
- Nutrition-labeling regulation impacts on restaurant environmentsBrian E Saelens
Center for Child Health, Behavior, and Development, Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, Washington 98145 5005, USA
Am J Prev Med 43:505-11. 2012..Recent attempts to improve the healthfulness of away-from-home eating include regulations requiring restaurants to post nutrition information. The impact of such regulations on restaurant environments is unknown...
- Written action plan use in inner-city children: is it independently associated with improved asthma outcomes?Jacob Sunshine
University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle, WA 98195 6340, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 107:207-13. 2011..However the specific, independent effect of WAPs in improving outcomes remains unclear...
- The impact of a community-based chronic disease prevention initiative: evaluation findings from Steps to Health King CountyAllen Cheadle
University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Health Educ Behav 38:222-30. 2011..Systems change initiatives within school districts and government agencies led to a greater institutional emphasis on health promotion and on partnership with communities to address health inequities...
- Small steps to health: building sustainable partnerships in pediatric obesity careMo Pomietto
Department of Clinical Nutrition, Seattle Children s Research Institute, Metropolitan Park West, 8th Floor, 1100 Olive Way, Suite 500, Mail Stop 8 1, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Pediatrics 123:S308-16. 2009....
- Using community-based participatory research to address social determinants of health: lessons learned from Seattle Partners for Healthy CommunitiesJames Krieger
Public Health Seattle and King County, WA 98104, USA
Health Educ Behav 29:361-82. 2002..Implications for researchers using a community-based participatory research approach and public health practitioners seeking to engage communities in addressing social determinants of health are presented...