- Alcohol use and cognition at mid-life: the importance of adjusting for baseline cognitive ability and educational attainmentDean Krahn
William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 27:1162-6. 2003....
- PRISM-E: comparison of integrated care and enhanced specialty referral models in depression outcomesDean D Krahn
Department of Psychiatry, William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:946-53. 2006..This study, entitled Primary Care Research in Substance Abuse and Mental Health for the Elderly, examined six-month outcomes for older primary care patients with depression who received different models of treatment...
- Sweet intake, sweet-liking, urges to eat, and weight change: relationship to alcohol dependence and abstinenceDean Krahn
Wm S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, Psychiatry Service, 2500 Overlook Terrace, and University of Wisconsin Medical School, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, United States
Addict Behav 31:622-31. 2006....
- Patterns of urges during early abstinence in alcohol-dependent subjectsDean D Krahn
University of Wisconsin, Department of Psychiatry, Madison, WI 53705, USA
Am J Addict 14:248-55. 2005..Clusters differed in negative affect and anger but not in abstinence rates. Four distinct urge patterns during abstinence were identified, and 60% of abstinent, alcohol-dependent subjects reported low, stable urge levels...
- Quetiapine as an adjunctive treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder: an 8-week open-label studyEileen P Ahearn
William S Middleton Memorial Veterans Hospital, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin 53705, USA
Int Clin Psychopharmacol 21:29-33. 2006..Subjects with PTSD who had significant PTSD symptoms when on an SSRI benefited from the addition of quetiapine. Patients improved significantly on all three clusters of PTSD symptoms: re-experiencing, hyperarousal and avoidance...
- Satisfaction with mental health services in older primary care patientsHongtu Chen
Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 14:371-9. 2006..This study examines whether older adult primary care patients are satisfied with two intervention models designed to ameliorate their behavioral health problems...
- PRISM-E: comparison of integrated care and enhanced specialty referral in managing at-risk alcohol useDavid W Oslin
Department of Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, 3535 Market Street, Room 3002, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 11104, USA
Psychiatr Serv 57:954-8. 2006....
- Effect of depression treatment on depressive symptoms in older adulthood: the moderating role of painShahrzad Mavandadi
Section of Geriatric Psychiatry, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:202-11. 2007..To investigate whether pain severity and interference with normal work activities moderate the effects of depression treatment on changes in depressive symptoms over time in older adults in primary care...
- Pathological dieting and alcohol use in college women--a continuum of behaviorsDean D Krahn
University of Wisconsin Department of Psychiatry, USA
Eat Behav 6:43-52. 2005..These results suggest that the dysfunctional eating behaviors often associated with dieting could also be associated with dysfunctional alcohol use...
- Relationship of onset of cigarette smoking during college to alcohol use, dieting concerns, and depressed mood: results from the Young Women's Health SurveyKaren K Saules
Department of Psychology, Eastern Michigan University, 611 W Cross Street, Ypsilanti, MI 48197, USA
Addict Behav 29:893-9. 2004....