- Recent advances in the management of chronic stable angina II. Anti-ischemic therapy, options for refractory angina, risk factor reduction, and revascularizationRichard Kones
Cardiometabolic Research Institute, Houston, Texas 77055, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 6:749-74. 2010..Optimal medical therapy, percutaneous coronary intervention, and surgery are not competing therapies, but are complementary and form a continuum, each filling an important evidence-based need in modern comprehensive management...
- The Jupiter study, CRP screening, and aggressive statin therapy-implications for the primary prevention of cardiovascular diseaseRichard Kones
Cardiometabolic Research Institute, Houston, TX 77054 USA
Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis 3:309-15. 2009..Approximately 4.3% of the population satisfies Jupiter inclusion criteria. A review of the assessment of cardiovascular risk is under way at the National Institutes of Health to guide practitioners...
- Recent advances in the management of chronic stable angina I: approach to the patient, diagnosis, pathophysiology, risk stratification, and gender disparitiesRichard Kones
The Cardiometabolic Research Institute, Houston, Texas 77054, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 6:635-56. 2010..Part II of this two part series will address anti-ischemic therapies, new agents, cardiovascular risk reduction, options to treat refractory angina, and revascularization...
- Is prevention a fantasy, or the future of medicine? A panoramic view of recent data, status, and direction in cardiovascular preventionRichard Kones
Cardiometabolic Research Institute and Institute for Spirituality and Health at Texas Medical Center, 8181 Fannin Street, U314, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis 5:61-81. 2011..Environmental and social changes will be necessary, along with major supportive adjustments in the food industry and the assistance of the media. Cooperation is critical to the success of such an initiative...
- Rosuvastatin, inflammation, C-reactive protein, JUPITER, and primary prevention of cardiovascular disease--a perspectiveRichard Kones
The Cardiometabolic Research, Institute, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Drug Des Devel Ther 4:383-413. 2010..Two side effects of interest are myotoxicity and an increase in the incidence of diabetes...
- Primary prevention of coronary heart disease: integration of new data, evolving views, revised goals, and role of rosuvastatin in management. A comprehensive surveyRichard Kones
The Cardiometabolic Research Institute, Houston, TX 77054, USA
Drug Des Devel Ther 5:325-80. 2011....
- Oxygen therapy for acute myocardial infarction-then and now. A century of uncertaintyRichard Kones
Cardiometabolic Research Institute, Houston, TX, USA
Am J Med 124:1000-5. 2011..Clinical guidelines appear to be changing, favoring use of oxygen only in hypoxemic patients, and then cautiously titrating to individual oxygen tensions...