Affiliation: Knoxville Dermatopathology Laboratory
- Thin melanomasR King
Knoxville Dermatopathology Laboratory, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA
Clin Lab Med 20:713-29. 2000..Further research is required to enhance our understanding of thin melanomas...
- Desmoplastic seborrheic keratosisRoy King
Knoxville Dermatopathology Laboratory, Department of Pathology, University of Tennesee Graduate School of Medicine, 315 Erin Drive, Knoxville, TN 37919, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 25:210-4. 2003..Seborrheic keratoses may demonstrate desmoplastic changes analogous to that seen in desmoplastic trichilemmomas. Awareness of these changes in seborrheic keratosis will avoid misdiagnosis and excessive therapy...
- Microphthalmia transcription factor expression in cutaneous benign, malignant melanocytic, and nonmelanocytic tumorsR King
Knoxville Dermatopathology Laboratory, Tennessee 37922, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 25:51-7. 2001..Mitf discriminates between spindle cell nonmelanocytic tumors and melanomas with a spindle cell morphology, and is useful in a panel with other appropriate antibodies...
- Recurrent nevus phenomenon: a clinicopathologic study of 357 cases and histologic comparison with melanoma with regressionRoy King
Knoxville Dermatopathology Laboratory, Department of Pathology, University of Tennessee, Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, TN 37919, USA
Mod Pathol 22:611-7. 2009..This is especially true in recurrent nevus and regression in malignant melanoma, where these two lesions share overlapping histologic features. Correlation with the clinical findings and prior biopsy will avoid these pitfalls...
- Primary invasive melanoma and basal cell carcinoma (collision tumor) with blue nevus-like cutaneous metastasesR King
Knoxville Dermatopathology Laboratory, 315 Erin Drive, Knoxville, TN, USA
J Cutan Pathol 34:629-33. 2007..Awareness of this phenomenon and pattern of metastasis, together with the clinical findings will aid in the correct classification of these lesions...
- Melanocytic lesions associated with dermatofibromas: a spectrum of lesions ranging from junctional nevus to malignant melanoma in situRoy King
Knoxville Dermatopathology Laboratory, Knoxville, TN 37919, USA
Mod Pathol 18:1043-7. 2005..Awareness of this association will aid in the correct diagnosis, and immunohistochemical studies will help in the differentiation of these two cell populations...
- Lentiginous melanoma: a histologic pattern of melanoma to be distinguished from lentiginous nevusRoy King
Knoxville Dermatopathology Laboratory and Department of Pathology, University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, TN 37919, USA
Mod Pathol 18:1397-401. 2005..Familiarity with this pattern of early melanoma should facilitate proper classification of lentiginous melanocytic proliferations in biopsies from older adults...
- Consumption of the epidermis: a criterion in the differential diagnosis of melanoma and dysplastic nevi that is associated with increasing breslow depth and ulcerationRuth Fulghum Walters
Department of Pathology, University of North Carolina Hospitals, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7287, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 29:527-33. 2007..Furthermore, the process leading to COE may be the first step in a progression to ulceration...
- Microphthalmia transcription factor and NKI/C3 expression in cellular neurothekeomaRobert N Page
Knoxville Dermatopathology Laboratory, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, TN 37919, USA
Mod Pathol 17:230-4. 2004..This current study furthers the concept that cellular neurothekeoma is a tumor of neuroectodermal origin, and further suggests that it may express some component of melanocytic differentiation...
- Lentiginous melanomaRoy King
University of Tennessee, Knoxville Dermatopathology Laboratory, 37919, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 135:337-41. 2011..We have recently defined within this group of lesions a histologic pattern of lentiginous melanoma, a slowly progressing variant of melanoma typically found on the trunk and proximal extremities of middle-aged and older individuals...
- Multiple microcystic adnexal carcinomasRobert N Page
University of Tennessee Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, USA
Cutis 79:299-303. 2007..We report a case of a 34-year-old black man with multiple primary MACs...
- Giant-sized condyloma of the breast with focal acantholytic changesP B Googe
Knoxville Dermatopathology Laboratory, Tennessee 37919, USA
J Cutan Pathol 27:319-22. 2000..A healthy 26-year-old pregnant woman presented with a 6.0-cm exophytic mass in her left inframammary fold. The lesion was surgically excised...
- Sweet's syndrome-like blastomycosisAnne Wilkerson
Department of Pathology, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Am J Dermatopathol 25:152-4. 2003..On close microscopic inspection scattered histiocytes and multinucleated giant cells were present in the dermis, and fungal stains demonstrated budding yeast forms consistent with Blastomyces sp...
- Malignant mesothelioma with a pronounced myxoid stroma: a clinical and pathological evaluation of 19 casesJinru Shia
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Virchows Arch 447:828-34. 2005..Our study emphasizes the need for better attention to histologic subtypes, particularly in the context of prognostically or therapeutically oriented investigations of this lethal disease...
- Syringomatous adenoma of the nipple occurring within a supernumerary breast: a case reportRobert N Page
University of Tennessee Department of Pathology, Knoxville, USA
J Cutan Pathol 36:1206-9. 2009....
- Myxoid atypical fibroxanthoma: a previously undescribed variantA Patton
Graduate School of Medicine, Knoxville, Tennessee, USA
J Cutan Pathol 36:1177-84. 2009..Histologic variants include spindle cell, clear cell, osteoid, osteoclastic, chondroid, pigmented, and granular cell. To date, myxoid change in AFX, has not been described...
- Utility of lesion diameter in the clinical diagnosis of cutaneous melanomaNaheed R Abbasi
Ronald O Perelman Department of Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, 550 First Ave, Room H 100, New York, NY 10016, USA
Arch Dermatol 144:469-74. 2008..To determine the utility of the current diameter criterion of larger than 6 mm of the ABCDE acronym for the early diagnosis of cutaneous melanoma...
- The diagnostic performance of expert dermoscopists vs a computer-vision system on small-diameter melanomasRobert J Friedman
Department of Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, USA
Arch Dermatol 144:476-82. 2008..To evaluate the performance of dermoscopists in diagnosing small pigmented skin lesions (diameter </= 6 mm) compared with an automatic multispectral computer-vision system...
- Microphthalmia transcription factor expression in cutaneous mast cell diseaseRoy King
Am J Dermatopathol 24:282-4. 2002