Craig S Kitchens
- Thoughts on the diagnostic processCraig S Kitchens
Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc 113:272-82. 2002
- Chronic oral anticoagulant therapy for extrahepatic visceral thrombosis is safeCraig S Kitchens
Malcom Randall Veterans Administration Medical Center, 1601 SW Archer Road, Gainesville, FL 32608, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 23:223-8. 2007..Experience and poor prognosis associated with the more common portal hypertension due to hepatic cirrhosis may bias judgment...
- To bleed or not to bleed? Is that the question for the PTT?C S Kitchens
Department of Medicine, University of Florida, FL, USA
J Thromb Haemost 3:2607-11. 2005..As many situations not related to hemorrhage are associated with perturbations of the PTT, a prolonged PTT is not strongly predictive of hemorrhage nor does a normal PTT provide shelter against hemorrhagic risk...
- Thrombocytopenia due to acute venous thromboembolism and its role in expanding the differential diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopeniaCraig S Kitchens
Division of Hematology, Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, USA
Am J Hematol 76:69-73. 2004..Thrombocytopenia following VTE is actually rather common, but it is usually milder than in these four cases. In some cases such as these four, the thrombocytopenia can be sudden and rather severe causing diagnostic confusion with HIT...
- The contact systemCraig S Kitchens
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 126:1382-6. 2002....
- A feasibility study of continuing dose-reduced warfarin for invasive procedures in patients with high thromboembolic riskBradley J G Larson
Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Chest 127:922-7. 2005..This observational study does not prove equality, let alone superiority, to other proposed methods of anticoagulation therapy...
- Thrombotic storm revisited: preliminary diagnostic criteria suggested by the thrombotic storm study groupCraig S Kitchens
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, USA
Am J Med 124:290-6. 2011....
- Disseminated intravascular coagulation: treat the cause, not the lab valuesCarrie Ann Labelle
Division of Hematology/Oncology, Department of Medicine, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville 32610-0277, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 72:377-8, 383-5, 390 passim. 2005..It can manifest as thrombosis, bleeding, or both. To succeed, treatment must address the underlying cause...
- Successful thrombolytic therapy for acute kidney injury secondary to thrombosis of suprarenal inferior vena cava filterAzra Bihorac
Department of Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, FL 32610 0277, USA
J Thromb Thrombolysis 28:500-5. 2009..Systemic thrombolytic therapy is a feasible treatment option for acute thrombotic episodes of IVCF, assuming it is diagnosed early and there are no known contraindications...
- How I treat superficial venous thrombosisCraig S Kitchens
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology, College of Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, USA
Blood 117:39-44. 2011..This decision is especially clear in those patients with known hypercoagulability. Patients without clinical risk factors are at lower risk to develop VTE complications and might be those who can be simply observed...
- To think out of the box, one must first get out of the test tubeCraig S Kitchens
Thromb Haemost 94:899-900. 2005