Susan R Kirsh
- Shared medical appointments: a potential venue for education in interprofessional careSusan R Kirsh
VA HSR and D Center for Quality Improvement Research, Louis Stokes Cleveland Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
Qual Manag Health Care 18:217-24. 2009..The shared medical appointment (SMA) is an interprofessional practice model that provides an educational opportunity...
- Improving outpatient diabetes careSusan Kirsh
Louis Stokes Cleveland Veterans Affairs Medical Center, OH 44106, USA
Am J Med Qual 27:233-40. 2012..A knowledge management model informed our process. Notable differences between performance levels exist. "Best practices" will be disseminated across the VHA as the VHA Patient-Centered Medical Home model is implemented...
- Fostering implementation of health services research findings into practice: a consolidated framework for advancing implementation scienceLaura J Damschroder
HSR and D Center for Clinical Management Research, VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System 11H, 2215 Fuller Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48105, USA
Implement Sci 4:50. 2009..It can be used to guide formative evaluations and build the implementation knowledge base across multiple studies and settings...
- Shared medical appointments based on the chronic care model: a quality improvement project to address the challenges of patients with diabetes with high cardiovascular riskSusan Kirsh
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, OH, USA
Qual Saf Health Care 16:349-53. 2007..The purpose of this quality improvement project was to improve intermediate outcome measures for diabetes (A1c, SBP, LDL-cholesterol) focusing on those patients at highest cardiovascular risk...
- Nurse practitioner-led multidisciplinary teams to improve chronic illness care: the unique strengths of nurse practitioners applied to shared medical appointments/group visitsSharon A Watts
Diabetes Clinic, Department of Endocrinology, Louis Stokes Cleveland Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 21:167-72. 2009..To map the specific skills of NPs to the six elements of the CCM: self-management, decision support, delivery system design, clinical information systems, community resources, and organizational support...
- Measuring the intensity of resident supervision in the department of veterans affairs: the resident supervision indexJohn M Byrne
VA Loma Linda Healthcare System, California 92357, USA
Acad Med 85:1171-81. 2010..To develop a survey instrument designed to quantify supervision by attending physicians in nonprocedural care and to assess the instrument's feasibility and reliability...
- Choosing targets for glycaemia, blood pressure and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol in elderly individuals with diabetes mellitusSusan R Kirsh
Louis Stokes Cleveland Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, OH, USA
Drugs Aging 28:945-60. 2011..In general, we recommend use of an HMG-CoA reductase inhibitor (statin) and an LDL-C target of <100 mg/dL, especially if an individual cannot tolerate a moderate dose of a statin...