GREGORY C contact SMITH
Affiliation: Kent State University
- Risk of psychological difficulties among children raised by custodial grandparentsGregory C Smith
College of Education, Health, and Human Services, Kent State University, Human Development Center, 144 Nixson Hall, Kent, OH 44242, USA
Psychiatr Serv 58:1303-10. 2007..Although custodial grandchildren are believed to be at greater risk of emotional and behavioral problems than children in general, scant research has examined this important public health issue...
- Reducing depression in stroke survivors and their informal caregivers: a randomized clinical trial of a Web-based interventionGregory C Smith
School of Lifespan Development and Educational Sciences, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242, USA
Rehabil Psychol 57:196-206. 2012..To develop and test the efficacy of a Web-based intervention for alleviating depression in male stroke survivors (SSs) and their spousal caregivers (CGs) that blends both peer and professional support...
- Patterns and predictors of service use and unmet needs among aging families of adults with severe mental illnessGregory C Smith
Human Development Center, School of Family and Consumer Studies, 111 Nixson Hall, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio 44242, USA
Psychiatr Serv 54:871-7. 2003..This study examined patterns and predictors of use of and unmet need for support services among aging families of adults with severe mental illness by using an expanded version of the Andersen Behavioral Model...
- Predictors of the stage of residential planning among aging families of adults with severe mental illnessGregory C Smith
School of Family and Consumer Studies, Kent State University, 144 Nixson Hall, Kent, OH 44242, USA
Psychiatr Serv 55:804-10. 2004..This study identified predictors of the extent of residential planning carried out by aging families of adults with severe mental illness according to the conceptual framework of the Double ABCX model of family coping and adaptation...
- Custodial grandmothers' psychological distress, dysfunctional parenting, and grandchildren's adjustmentGregory C Smith
School of Family and Consumer Studies, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242, USA
Int J Aging Hum Dev 67:327-57. 2008..Group differences were more prevalent regarding the magnitude of latent means for model constructs. We conclude that parenting models like the FSM are useful for investigating custodial grandfamilies...
- The emotional needs of care recipients and the psychological well-being of informal caregivers: implications for home care cliniciansNichole Egbert
School of Communication Studies, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio 44242, USA
Home Healthc Nurse 26:50-7. 2008..Suggestions for clinical implications and future research based on these findings are discussed...
- Examining the structural validity of the Strengths and Difficulties Questionnaire (SDQ) in a U.S. sample of custodial grandmothersPatrick A Palmieri
Summa Kent State Center for the Treatment and Study of Traumatic Stress, Summa Health System, Akron, OH 44310, USA
Psychol Assess 19:189-98. 2007..Measurement and clinical implications of the results are discussed...
- Stress, Coping, and Well-Being of Custodial GrandparentsGregory Smith; Fiscal Year: 2003..Aim 5 is to archive the data for eventual use by other researchers; The findings of this study will inform the development of interventions tailored to assist custodial grandparents and their families. ..
- Online Intervention to Improve Stroke Care From SpousesGregory Smith; Fiscal Year: 2007..Prior psychosocial intervention research with informal stroke CGs has been scarce, equivocal in findings, methodologically flawed, and without theoretical foundation. ..
- Comparing Interventions to Improve the Well-Being of Custodial GrandfamiliesGREGORY C contact SMITH; Fiscal Year: 2010..This application is also consistent with the NIH belief that "development of interventions based on well-defined underlying mechanisms is critical to advancing health promotion and diseases prevention." ..