Affiliation: Kent State University
- Inhalant use among indiana school children, 1991-2004Kele Ding
Department of Adult, Counseling, Health, and Vocational Education, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242, USA
Am J Health Behav 31:24-34. 2007..To examine the prevalence and trend of inhalant use among Indiana public school students...
- Influence of skip patterns on item non-response in a substance use survey of 7th to 12th grade studentsKele Ding
ACHVE, Kent State University, Kent, OH 44242, USA
J Drug Educ 39:167-80. 2009..These effects were less prevalent in high-achieving students. Skip patterns can contribute to substantial underestimation of alcohol and marijuana use in adolescents...
- Age of inhalant first time use and its association to the use of other drugsKele Ding
Dept of ACHVE, Kent State University, Ohio 44242, USA
J Drug Educ 39:261-72. 2009..Findings indicated that only 4.2% multiple drug users who used inhalants prior to other drugs, especially alcohol, tobacco, and marijuana. Thus, the theory that inhalants are gateway drugs was not supported...
- Hospitalizations and hospital charges for co-occurring substance use and mental disordersKele Ding
The Health Education and Promotion Program, Kent State University, Kent, Ohio 44242, USA
J Subst Abuse Treat 40:366-75. 2011..An increase in co-occurring disorders among hospitalized patients with substance-related disorder may be due to the improvement in diagnosis and clinical attention...
- Sexual and substance use behaviors of college students with disabilitiesDonna J Bernert
Health Education and Promotion, School of Health Sciences, Kent State University, Kent, OH, USA
Am J Health Behav 36:459-71. 2012..To identify the substance use and the sexual behaviors of college students with disabilities...
- Trend analysis of cigarette smoking by Indiana adolescents, 1991-2000Kele Ding
Idaho State University, USA
Am J Health Behav 27:35-42. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: The 2-way moving average comparison of a composite index, used with prevalence-based trend analyses, provides a more complete picture of changes in adolescent cigarette smoking...
- Rural and nonrural African American high school students and STD/HIV sexual-risk behaviorsRobin R Milhausen
Rural Center for AIDS/STD Prevention, USA
Am J Health Behav 27:373-9. 2003..CONCLUSIONS: African American rural adolescents, particularly females, may have greater risk for STD/HIV infection than do their nonrural counterparts...