Stacy J Suskauer
Affiliation: Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Update on pharmaceutical intervention for disorders of consciousness and agitation after traumatic brain injury in childrenStacy J Suskauer
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, USA
PM R 5:142-7. 2013..The dearth of literature regarding the effects of medications used for agitation in children with TBI highlights the need for additional basic and clinical science contributions in this area...
- Neuroimaging in pediatric traumatic brain injury: current and future predictors of functional outcomeStacy J Suskauer
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 707 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Dev Disabil Res Rev 15:117-23. 2009....
- Neuropsychological features and risk factors in children with Sturge-Weber syndrome: four case reportsT Andrew Zabel
Department of Neuropsychology, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Clin Neuropsychol 24:841-59. 2010..We discuss the need for broad-based assessment in this medical population, as various impairment combinations (e.g., perceptual, language, executive) create unique presentations as well as the need for individualized intervention...
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging evidence for abnormalities in response selection in attention deficit hyperactivity disorder: differences in activation associated with response inhibition but not habitual motor responseStacy J Suskauer
Kennedy Krieger Institute, 707 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Cogn Neurosci 20:478-93. 2008....
- Corpus callosum segment circumference is associated with response control in children with attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)Melanie A McNally
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
J Child Neurol 25:453-62. 2010..Future studies examining callosal shape will illuminate the anatomic basis of correlations between callosal segment circumference and response control...
- Physiatric findings in individuals with Sturge-Weber syndromeStacy J Suskauer
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 89:323-30. 2010....
- Physical abilities and mobility scale: reliability and validity in children receiving inpatient rehabilitation for acquired brain injuryMelissa K Trovato
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 94:1335-41. 2013..To investigate the psychometric properties of the Physical Abilities and Mobility Scale (PAMS) in children receiving inpatient rehabilitation for acquired brain injury (ABI)...
- Examining acute rehabilitation outcomes for children with total functional dependence after traumatic brain injury: a pilot studyMegan E Kramer
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, Maryland Drs Kramer, Suskauer, Christensen, Trovato, and Salorio and Mrs DeMatt and Departments of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Drs Salorio and Slomine, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Drs Suskauer, Christensen, Trovato, Salorio, and Slomine, and Pediatrics Drs Suskauer and Christensen, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland
J Head Trauma Rehabil 28:361-70. 2013....
- Injury severity variables as predictors of WeeFIM scores in pediatric TBI: Time to follow commands is bestStacy J Suskauer
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Pediatr Rehabil Med 2:297-307. 2009..Our findings highlight the need for careful and consistent assessment of TFC to assist in predicting functional outcomes as early and accurately as possible...
- Time to follow commands remains the most useful injury severity variable for predicting WeeFIM® scores 1 year after paediatric TBICynthia A Austin
Pediatric Rehabilitation, Kennedy Krieger Institute, 707 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205 USA
Brain Inj 27:1056-62. 2013..To investigate the relationship between injury severity variables, particularly time to follow commands (TFC) and long-term functional outcomes in paediatric traumatic brain injury (TBI)...
- Functional brain correlates of response time variability in childrenDaniel J Simmonds
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Neuropsychologia 45:2147-57. 2007....
- Hemiparesis is a clinical correlate of general adaptive dysfunction in children and adolescents with Sturge-Weber syndromeJennifer Reesman
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
J Child Neurol 24:701-8. 2009..Information obtained during neurological examination of children and adolescents with Sturge-Weber syndrome particularly hemiparetic status is useful for identifying children who may need additional intervention...