- In vivo magnetization transfer MRI shows dysmyelination in an ischemic mouse model of periventricular leukomalacia
Hugo W Moser Research Institute at Kennedy Krieger, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 31:2009-18. 2011
..We further validate in vivo MRI techniques as quantitative monitoring tools that highly correlate with postmortem histopathology...
- Evaluation of therapy of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy
Hugo W Moser
Division of Neurogenetics, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Departments of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University, USA
Neurochem Res 29:1003-16. 2004
- Treatment advances in neonatal neuroprotection and neurointensive care
Michael V Johnston
Hugo W Moser Research Institute, at Kennedy Krieger Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Lancet Neurol 10:372-82. 2011
..The search is on to discover adjuvant treatments that can further enhance the effects of hypothermia...
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy in the term infant
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 707 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Clin Perinatol 36:835-58, vii. 2009
..Despite all these advances, therapeutic interventions are still limited. In this article the authors discuss several molecular pathways involved in hypoxia-ischemia, and potential therapeutic targets...
- Progress in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 17:263-9. 2004
..SUMMARY: Progress has been achieved in the delineation of the phenotypes, pathogenesis, diagnosis and prevention of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy, and therapies are emerging...
- Magnetization transfer weighted imaging in the upper cervical spinal cord using cerebrospinal fluid as intersubject normalization reference (MTCSF imaging)
Seth A Smith
F. M. Kirby Center for Functional Brain Imaging, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Magn Reson Med 54:201-6. 2005
..As a first example, this is demonstrated for the noninflammatory spinal cord white matter disease adrenomyeloneuropathy...
- Diffusion tensor-based imaging reveals occult abnormalities in adrenomyeloneuropathy
Department of Neurogenetics and Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Kirby Center, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Ann Neurol 58:758-66. 2005
..Accompanying abnormalities in genu of corpus callosum indicate that the disease pathology in pure AMN may not be limited to spinal cord long tracts alone, although the involvement of the latter is most prominent and severe...
- Quantitative magnetization transfer characteristics of the human cervical spinal cord in vivo: application to adrenomyeloneuropathy
Seth A Smith
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Magn Reson Med 61:22-7. 2009
..Neither T(2b) nor R showed significant differences between healthy and diseased cords. Comparisons are made between qMT, and conventional MT acquisitions...