Affiliation: Kennedy Krieger Institute
- In vivo magnetization transfer MRI shows dysmyelination in an ischemic mouse model of periventricular leukomalaciaAli Fatemi
Hugo W Moser Research Institute at Kennedy Krieger, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 31:2009-18. 2011..We further validate in vivo MRI techniques as quantitative monitoring tools that highly correlate with postmortem histopathology...
- Ischemia-induced neuroinflammation is associated with disrupted development of oligodendrocyte progenitors in a model of periventricular leukomalaciaSina Falahati
The Hugo W Moser Research Institute at Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Dev Neurosci 35:182-96. 2013..Future studies modulating the neuroinflammatory response in this model may contribute to a better understanding of the interaction between microglia and OPCs in PVL and open opportunities for future therapies. ..
- Evaluation of therapy of X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyHugo W Moser
Division of Neurogenetics, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Departments of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University, USA
Neurochem Res 29:1003-16. 2004
- The potential for cell-based therapy in perinatal brain injuriesAndrè W Phillips
The Hugo W Moser Research Institute at Kennedy Krieger Institute Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA Department of Neurology Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Transl Stroke Res 4:137-48. 2013..Here, we review the different types of stem cells and progenitor cells that are potential candidates for therapeutic strategies in perinatal brain injuries, and summarize recent preclinical and clinical studies. ..
- Treatment advances in neonatal neuroprotection and neurointensive careMichael V Johnston
Hugo W Moser Research Institute, at Kennedy Krieger Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Lancet Neurol 10:372-82. 2011..The search is on to discover adjuvant treatments that can further enhance the effects of hypothermia...
- Pluripotent possibilities: human umbilical cord blood cell treatment after neonatal brain injuryTatyana Verina
Neurology and Developmental Medicine, Hugo W Moser Research Institute at Kennedy Krieger, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Pediatr Neurol 48:346-54. 2013..Data from preclinical studies have informed current clinical safety trials of human cord blood in neonates, and further work is needed to continue progress in this field...
- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy in the term infantAli Fatemi
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, 707 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Clin Perinatol 36:835-58, vii. 2009..Despite all these advances, therapeutic interventions are still limited. In this article the authors discuss several molecular pathways involved in hypoxia-ischemia, and potential therapeutic targets...
- Quantitative magnetization transfer characteristics of the human cervical spinal cord in vivo: application to adrenomyeloneuropathySeth A Smith
Russell H Morgan Department of Radiology and Radiological Science, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Magn Reson Med 61:22-7. 2009..Neither T(2b) nor R showed significant differences between healthy and diseased cords. Comparisons are made between qMT, and conventional MT acquisitions...
- Diffusion tensor-based imaging reveals occult abnormalities in adrenomyeloneuropathyPrachi Dubey
Department of Neurogenetics and Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging Kirby Center, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Ann Neurol 58:758-66. 2005..Accompanying abnormalities in genu of corpus callosum indicate that the disease pathology in pure AMN may not be limited to spinal cord long tracts alone, although the involvement of the latter is most prominent and severe...
- Magnetization transfer weighted imaging in the upper cervical spinal cord using cerebrospinal fluid as intersubject normalization reference (MTCSF imaging)Seth A Smith
F M Kirby Center for Functional Brain Imaging, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Magn Reson Med 54:201-6. 2005..As a first example, this is demonstrated for the noninflammatory spinal cord white matter disease adrenomyeloneuropathy...
- Progress in X-linked adrenoleukodystrophyHugo Moser
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 17:263-9. 2004..The purpose of this article is to review and evaluate the new information about X-linked adrenoleukodystrophy that has been reported in 2002 and 2003...