Joshua B Ewen
Affiliation: Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Cognitive and EEG fluctuation in benign childhood epilepsy with central-temporal spikes: a case seriesJoshua B Ewen
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Neurology and Developmental Medicine, 707N Broadway Baltimore, MD 21205, United States
Epilepsy Res 97:214-9. 2011..All showed greater than normal test-retest variability. Daytime EEG abnormalities were also variable. Short-term fluctuations in cognitive function appear common in children with BECTS, potentially impacting academic performance...
- Multiple task interference is greater in children with ADHDJoshua B Ewen
Department of Neurology and Developmental Medicine, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Dev Neuropsychol 37:119-33. 2012..A total of 19 school-aged children with ADHD showed a prolonged PRP effect compared with 25 control children, suggesting a higher cognitive cost in ADHD for multitasking...
- Myoclonic-astatic epilepsy in a child with Sturge-Weber syndromeJoshua B Ewen
Department of Neurology, The Johns Hopkins Medical Institutions, Baltimore, Maryland 21287, USA
Pediatr Neurol 36:115-7. 2007..In such cases, treatment with a broad-spectrum antiepileptic may be advantageous...
- Use of quantitative EEG in infants with port-wine birthmark to assess for Sturge-Weber brain involvementJoshua B Ewen
Department of Neurology and Developmental Medicine, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Clin Neurophysiol 120:1433-40. 2009..The current study looks at the ability of qEEG to differentiate between infants with radiographically demonstrated SWS and those without...
- Quantitative EEG asymmetry correlates with clinical severity in unilateral Sturge-Weber syndromeLaura A Hatfield
Department of Neurology, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Epilepsia 48:191-5. 2007..SWS results in ischemic brain injury, seizures, and neurologic deficits. We hypothesized that a decrease in quantitative EEG (qEEG) power, on the affected side, correlates with clinical severity in subjects with SWS...
- Technical tips: performing EEGs and polysomnograms on children with neurodevelopmental disabilitiesValerie Paasch
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Neurodiagn J 52:333-48. 2012....
- Altered connectivity and action model formation in autism is autismStewart H Mostofsky
Laboratory for Neurocognitive and Imaging Research, Kennedy Krieger Institute, and Department of Neurology, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21230, USA
Neuroscientist 17:437-48. 2011..This line of study can lead to important advances in understanding the neural basis of autism and, more critically, can be used to guide effective therapies targeted at improving social, communicative, and motor function...
- Disorders of attention or learning in neurodevelopmental disordersJoshua B Ewen
Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Semin Pediatr Neurol 12:229-41. 2005..Nevertheless, failure to recognize, diagnose, and manage these disorders may result in unsuccessful community integration...