Affiliation: Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Children with seizures exhibit preferences for foods compatible with the ketogenic dietAdrianna Amari
Department of Behavioral Psychology, The Kennedy Krieger Institute, 707 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Epilepsy Behav 11:98-104. 2007..Research into the underlying metabolic basis for this preference and possible related neurophysiological mechanisms in seizure etiology and treatment is warranted...
- Social interaction patterns of children and adolescents with and without oral clefts during a videotaped analogue social encounterKeith J Slifer
Department of Behavioral Psychology, Kennedy Krieger Institute KKI, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine JHUSM, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 41:175-84. 2004..To examine the social interaction patterns of children with and without oral clefts...
- Social acceptance and facial behavior in children with oral cleftsKeith J Slifer
Pediatric Psychology, Department of Behavioral Psychology, Kennedy Krieger Institute, 707 N Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Cleft Palate Craniofac J 43:226-36. 2006..To examine and compare social acceptance, social behavior, and facial movements of children with and without oral clefts in an experimental setting...
- Behavioral training for increasing preschool children's adherence with positive airway pressure: a preliminary studyKeith J Slifer
Department of Behavioral Psychology, Kennedy Krieger Institute and Departments of Psychiatry and Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Behav Sleep Med 5:147-75. 2007..For the 3 children with home follow-up data, the parents maintained benefits. The results are discussed in relation to behavior principles, child health, and common barriers to PAP adherence...
- Interdisciplinary behavioral rehabilitation of pediatric pain-associated disability: retrospective review of an inpatient treatment protocolCynthia S Maynard
Kennedy Krieger Institute, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
J Pediatr Psychol 35:128-37. 2010..Psychological treatment emphasized cognitive-behavioral intervention for pain and anxiety management, and behavioral shaping to increase functioning...
- Assessment of facial emotion encoding and decoding skills in children with and without oral cleftsKeith J Slifer
Department of Behavioural Psychology, The Kennedy Krieger Institute, Baltimore, MD, USA
J Craniomaxillofac Surg 31:304-15. 2003..Investigated the facial emotion decoding and encoding skills and perceived social acceptance in children with and without oral clefts...
- Behavior management for children and adolescents with acquired brain injuryKeith J Slifer
Department of Behavioral Psychology, Kennedy Krieger Institute, 707 North Broadway, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Dev Disabil Res Rev 15:144-51. 2009..However, there will continue to be an important role for single subject experimental design for studying the results of individualized interventions and obtaining pilot data to guide subsequent randomized controlled trails...
- Behavioural treatment of non-compliance in adolescents with newly acquired spinal cord injuriesJo Anne Gorski
The Kennedy Krieger Institute, Maryland, USA
Pediatr Rehabil 8:187-98. 2005..To demonstrate the efficacy of using differential reinforcement to treat non-compliance in adolescents with spinal cord injury...